Stadium options

Although I agree that the board should control stadium expansions or construction of a new ground, I’m sure that the manager should have some say in it almost like feeder clubs on 08, the board could tell you what they are considering how this will affect your budget and if this will mean putting your finances in jeopardy, then you can advise them your opinion and depending on if you have earned their trust they may value your opinion highly and follow your choice.

This is probably as far as I would want involvement with these board controlled issues as after all this is football manager not finance manager or so on.

Chairman could also ask your opinion on wine for a date... don't get me wrong I think anything like that (football, not wine related) could be good, but I wouldn't put it high on priorities for fm10. Lets face it they're more likely to ask your opinion on that if you're an engineer than if you're a manager... and I think there's too much of a chance of the game being saturated with stuff like that if they start putting them in - FIFA Manager stylee ain't the way to go imo.

Sorta like the 3d stuff - it's a good idea, would add something to the game, but could potentially take more away than it adds if it's done badly is what I'm trying to say lol

Although I agree that the board should control stadium expansions or construction of a new ground, I’m sure that the manager should have some say in it almost like feeder clubs on 08

I think that a manager should only be consulted about this when, like feeder club choice, he as been in charge for a while and not new to the job. Perhaps this is something that can be introduced in a patch or even FM 2010.

Well, I doubt Allardyce would've been asked about any stadium enhancements during his tenure at Newcastle.

Honestly - I doubt the boffins in back-room management would really care about a managers input regarding infrastructure of the club. At the end of the day they're going to do their best to pad their bonuses and make sure the club runs at a profit.

I think if the financial control of the chairman is improved then it wont be necessary. It is necessary when you get the board approving a new stadium/expansion that puts you into heavy debt and therefor you would obviously like the option to rejct/change it so as to maintain finances. But if they can improvethe board's financial sense then I don't think it is necessary

Chairman could also ask your opinion on wine for a date...

Damm you guessed my next idea :]

Being serious I’m not trying to say that this should be the new major key feature for 2010 but it should be put in as a minor feature as sometimes lots of good non complicated feature can make a more important impact than one key feature.

I completely agree that this is the sort of thing that should be earned through years of successful management.

In my opinion this should still be considered if the AI sorts out its financial blinkeredness as if your choice isn’t always the one which gets chosen and your ability as a manager is what decides how much weight is put behind your opinion

I think they should TELL YOU what the plans are. In FM 07 I went 15+ seasons totally in the dark, getting slammed by the council every single year. BANG BANG BANG! Stupid. I want to know if there's a chance to expand the stadium or build a new one, it's idiocy to just send an application to the council every year just to have it refused without any explanation or information about what the possibilities are. The whole process is simply outdated and in desperate need of an overhaul. If there's no chance of an expansion, just tell me, so I don't waste my time on a club with no growth potential. Not a single seat was added EVER to that stadium during a 25 year career.

Archived