My Pre-order from Play.com

I often use play.com for ps3 games and whenever i have pre ordered games recently, GTA IV and Saints Row 2, they have come the day before offical release.

This year i have decided to pre order my fm09 copy from thehut but i have pre ordered COD5 and Far Cry 2 from play.com. Last year i bought fm08 from play and it arrived day of release.

Also buying both games won't affect the time they come, although they may arrive on different days depending on whether one does come day before release in which case your lucky... what will you play first COD or fm??

I really don't know lol. I love COD cuz I'm good at it but I love football and FM09 looks amazing. I'll probably play COD though cuz I'll play with my mates on Xbox Live.

I never used to have problems with play.com, but since GTA IV arrived 4 days late (this after telling me they had dispatched it on Tuesday and then cancelling until Thursday) they have been much less reliable with CDs taking almost a week to arrive. I now use them much less.

hi guys stupid question since i haven't played FM since it was CM!!!

I want to pre-order but I have a question regarding FM09 (and other versions I suppose). Is it possible to install the game on 2 PC and have them running at the same time?

The reason is both me and my brother want to play. Does that mean I need to order 2 copies? I vaguely recall the CD had to be in the drive for the game to work

I've just pre-ordered FM and another game from Play.com. They both come out on the 14th. Has anyone ever ordered of Play.com and if so, when do you reckon i'll get my games? The day after? The day they come out?

Before i read the other game you ordered i was going to predict CoD (awesome game, having played the BETA)

I've had mixed pre-orders from Play, some have come the day before, others on the day...thankfully never late though.

I have booked the friday and the monday off work and i will tell my gf i am really sick and its contagious so i will be left alone all weekend. I will get up early on the friday, go to game at 9am and buy it. Grab lots of beers and snacks and i will play fm all weekend and not even shower or anything. It has to be done.

I've just pre-ordered FM and another game from Play.com. They both come out on the 14th. Has anyone ever ordered of Play.com and if so, when do you reckon i'll get my games? The day after? The day they come out?

i pre ordered NBA Live and PES from them in the last 2 weeks mate and both arrived the day before release :D

Play used to be great but my last 3 orders have been delayed for little apparent reason (one was listed as "packing" for 3 days but their cust services could not explain why it took that long to put a box in a jiffy bag). They also now use a second class shipping service which takes "3-5 days"

Everyone started off praising Play.com and now people are saying it's not that good. I'm worried now, I dunno wether to cancel my order again. What do you all think?

What I always do, and what I did with FIFA 09, was to pre-order it from Play.com so I know I will definitely receive it. When (un)surprisingly (:rolleyes:) it didn't come to me on release day (this may be because of where I live, I don't know) I went into town and, if there was one available (I got the last Fifa 09! :D), I would then buy the game.

When the one from Play.com arrived I took it out of the Play.com outside packaging, and took the case with the wrapper still on back to the game shop in town (Blockbuster in Fifa's case) with the receipt and said that my mum had already bought it me as a present so I didn't need that one.

I got my money back and all fine :)

What I always do, and what I did with FIFA 09, was to pre-order it from Play.com so I know I will definitely receive it. When (un)surprisingly (:rolleyes:) it didn't come to me on release day (this may be because of where I live, I don't know) I went into town and, if there was one available (I got the last Fifa 09! :D), I would then buy the game.

When the one from Play.com arrived I took it out of the Play.com outside packaging, and took the case with the wrapper still on back to the game shop in town (Blockbuster in Fifa's case) with the receipt and said that my mum had already bought it me as a present so I didn't need that one.

Genius, just genious!

And they put it back on the shelf and when someone else buys it and they scan the barcode, they see it is a different price and it isn't theirs. They have you on cctv and you get arrested for being a clever dick!!!!!!

And they put it back on the shelf and when someone else buys it and they scan the barcode, they see it is a different price and it isn't theirs. They have you on cctv and you get arrested for being a clever dick!!!!!!

Well I've always done it. It's never happened yet ;)

Its 25 quid on the Asda website. I take it, it will be that price instore? Also what are people experiences of going down at like midnight on day of release to buy it, do they put it on shelves at midnight? or do you have to ask for it?

I've Ordered It On Amazon UK And It's Going To Be At My Door On Release Day! I've Paid £29.98 And I Got The Express Delivery For Free Because I Had A Coupon For It. Amazon Is 1p Cheaper Than Play.com So I Don't Know Where You Got That Amazon Is More Expensive!

Play are really good for prices, but I have never gotten the game on release day. In fact I usually have to wait 3 or 4 days for it to arrive, so I only buy stuff from them now that I don't want urgently as its still quicker to just go down the shops and buy a copy there.

Its 25 quid on the Asda website. I take it, it will be that price instore? Also what are people experiences of going down at like midnight on day of release to buy it, do they put it on shelves at midnight? or do you have to ask for it?

Not sure if I'll head down at midnight, but would be interested to know if the price will be the same at asda in store as it is online. Anyone know

Archived