How Many Times Have You Been Sacked?

Once... after resigning from york after a ridiculous champions league match (it got moved a week earlier to a date where almost all my first team were on international duty for a game against Barcelona... i wasn't happy lol) I took over erm.. Wolves or Crystal Palace can't remember which for the rest of the season... just kept them in the championship but the board wanted promotion lol

Have to say getting sacked was a great career move though - the Brazil job became available a few weeks later and I got the job despite my only real top level credentials being one Premier league trophy and two UEFA cups... went on to win a couple of world cups and copa americas before taking over england lol

id say alot of us have been sacked using the ultimatum rule b4, only other sacking i think iv ever had in over 10 years was when i got Portsmouth promoted to the prem, i was told to fight bravely against relegation, i got them relegated and i got sacked.

In serious games, I've been sacked twice. One season, I was with Fulham and finished 8th, so I exceeded expectations and must've got complacent because I got sacked half way through the second season. I think at the time I was hovering around 14th/15th and I'd spent loads of money in the summer, plus I'd had a terrible run of draws, taking the lead, conceding late on, etc.

Never sacked in a serious game. I once tested how low morale could go on 07 and set about fining players for no reason, being as controversial as possible, etc.

I didn't last the day.

I've done that too.

The board are quick to point out that "Your constant fining of the players is having an adverse effect on morale."

You can't fine players on FM08 for no reason, sadly. It brightens up a dull day :D

Last time I got sacked was Champ Man 01/02, after getting Man Utd no trophies and a bottom half finish. So its been 6 or 7 "real" years and probably over 100 CM/FM years since I last got the boot.

Thinking about it, it is more like 200 CM/FM years

Only 1 I can think of, I started in Jan and took over Air India. They were already relegated by the time I joined, though, and so I decided to re-build wilst looking for another job. The board weren't happy though, and gave me an ultimatum which I declined. So, they sacked me.

i went the first 5 years at real madrid in fm07 without winning any trophies and wasn't sacked. that sort of form, even with a trophy here and there, got me sacked numerous times at the same club on fm06. but once i won the spanish cup, i won back to back titles by 20+ points and a CL title.

i resigned after they denied me the guaranteed signing of leo messi by not giving me just £2M more in the budget. i think i may have hit the ultimatum button, but because i was so sucessful in the previous 2 years, they warned me or something but i kept my job.

Once on FM08. When I very first started the game I started unemployed, and got approached by Burghausen in Germany who wanted me to get promoted. But in April I was second and drawn 1-1 with Oggersheim which got me in trouble then I had to beat promotion rivals, FSV Frankfurt but lost and then got sacked from 3rd place which in the first season is still a promotion place.

I was also sacked once on CM03/04 with Corinthians in Brazil, they had an oversized, crap squad and the board wanted a respectable position in the Brazilian league. Despite being in 9th place in the league it still wasnt good enough and they sacked me.

never sacked on FM08, not sacked on FM07, not sacked on FM06, in fact even on CM4 i didnt get the boot - the only time i have ever been sacked was my first ever game of championship manager 2, so i have a good record of avoiding the sack.

never sacked on FM08, not sacked on FM07, not sacked on FM06, in fact even on CM4 i didnt get the boot - the only time i have ever been sacked was my first ever game of championship manager 2, so i have a good record of avoiding the sack.

Not as good as mine! :D

i cant remember...started at pompey, sacked, went to some championship team, sacked, went to some league one team...sacked , got a job in the spanish premiea league...thought i did a good job...but....sacked...went to carlise...sacked...and soo i started a new game. XD

what a great manager i am :D

Twice on 08. One with Nottm Forest. I took them to the Premiership from League One in three seasons and finished 7th in my first Premiership season. The second season didn't go so well though, I managed 17th by December and was sacked. I'm still bitter about it to this day and will not manage Forest again.

The second was with Monaco. When I took over they were 4m in debt and had 60+ players at the club. Whatever I did, I couldn't turn a profit and the first team was really poor so I struggled to achieve anything.

As i prefere to set my own in game challenges such as save X team from relegation to League 2 i often get sacked when i dont save them however, 2 out of three times ill save a club :D

That's what I did with Air India, when I got the sack. I also tried a new one with Gillingham (I'm still playing it) as they were in the bottom half, in Jan 08. Bought some French players, M. Lea and K. Lee (he is CLASS in this game) on loan from United, and Ched Evans from City, toughened up the training and went unbeaten for the rest of the season, winning the title and currently trying for the Championship title. Problem is, though I'm currently unbeaten, I have spent my budget on only decent players (but Kalambay is good), and no good players will join. Might be getting Lee back on loan though.

Archived