Retried Greats, Playing again!

I have set up a new team called 'Monifieth Tayside' which is in Dundee, Scotland. I have a 200000 seater stadium, worldwide rep. etc. I'm in the third div in scotland, and im mostly using great retried players. I will tell you how i get on!

Here is my team below:

MonifiethTayside.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have set up a new team called 'Monifieth Tayside' which is in Dundee, Scotland. I have a 200000 seater stadium, worldwide rep. etc. I'm in the third div in scotland, and im mostly using great retried players. I will tell you how i get on!

Here is my team below:

MonifiethTayside.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patje.lol:

Tymoschuk is retired? I thought he was at Zenith? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's only 28 at the start of the game. I bought him for my Spurs side in January. Bought him from Zenit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

Sorry mate but i had to laugh when I saw Jordi Cruyff icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He had some amazing games for Barca. Pity about his United career. icon_wink.gif

If I were to do something like this, and make it a challenge, I'd make a squad of crazy people. Barthez, Higuita, Vinnie Jones, Wise, Cantona, Pearce, Di Canio, Roy Keane, Fashanu, Barton etc.

My assistant and first team coach would be Bleasdale and Wally Downes...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eggfwiedwice:

If I were to do something like this, and make it a challenge, I'd make a squad of crazy people. Barthez, Higuita, Vinnie Jones, Wise, Cantona, Pearce, Di Canio, Roy Keane, Fashanu, Barton etc.

My assistant and first team coach would be Bleasdale and Wally Downes... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who was the guy a couple of years ago who made headlines around the EPL because he was depressed over making too much money? :displaced_seagull:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

You have Beckham on there but no Laudrup or McCoist?

That's painful to the heart. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More to the point, Beckham isn't even retired. icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

You have Beckham on there but no Laudrup or McCoist?

That's painful to the heart. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More to the point, Beckham isn't even retired. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think hes already mentioned he is using 'mostly' retired players.

and im mostly using great retried players

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timtombailey:

how did you get these players??????????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He used the editor

Well you've created the most bizarre team I've seen!

As for the challenge, not too much of a challenge in the Scottish league with that stadium and that rep. Also what's to stop them retiring during the game, have you put something in the editor? You'll be making loads of cash so you can just buy much better players. Fun - yes, challenge - no.

Where The Heck, is Gebriel Batistuta?!?!?

Pele? Zico? Maradona? Di Canio? Effenberg? Zidane? Hernandes?

Personally, I don't think Lucas Radebe was a great player. He was a good defender, hands down... but not really great. Tony Adams was the man really.

Not that there is anything wrong with the squad. Just wanna comment on your choices of players. Have fun :-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Where The Heck, is Gebriel Batistuta?!?!?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"ahhh" remember's good ol' CM3...what a player!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Personally, I don't think Lucas Radebe was a great player. He was a good defender, hands down... but not really great.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rubbish. Best defender we've had since the Revie era. Amazing redmancscum wanted him in 2000 and both clubs agreed fees, yet the chief knew his ways and stuck with Leeds. Stayed with us for 11 seasons, done more charity work than anyone else in the Premier League, one of the nicest fellas you'll ever want to meet and apart from Nelson Mandela, Lucas is the most famous person in South Africa. He was shot when he was 16, in the back. Amazing how far he came. RAAAAAADDDDDDEEEBBBBBBEEEEEEEEE... LUCAS!

Beckham? you need to have a word with that Capello chap.

Cantona - god of beach soccer icon_eek.gif

Presumably you've kept their real ages and not changed any attributes, in which case it will be interesting to see how a squad a granddads do with spooty Scottish chavs giving then the run-around icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EddieGray11:

Personally, I don't think Lucas Radebe was a great player. He was a good defender, hands down... but not really great.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rubbish. Best defender we've had since the Revie era. Amazing redmancscum wanted him in 2000 and both clubs agreed fees, yet the chief knew his ways and stuck with Leeds. Stayed with us for 11 seasons, done more charity work than anyone else in the Premier League, one of the nicest fellas you'll ever want to meet and apart from Nelson Mandela, Lucas is the most famous person in South Africa. He was shot when he was 16, in the back. Amazing how far he came. RAAAAAADDDDDDEEEBBBBBBEEEEEEEEE... LUCAS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, Ok, man, calm down icon_razz.gif

I'm assuming you're a Leeds Fan and a Rio hater. icon_biggrin.gif I think your point of view was his character rather than his actual skills.

He's good. Really a good defender. But come on, don't look at it at a fan's point of view. The likes of Pierce and Maldini for example are pretty much more prolific the way I see it.

But I have no problem with Lucas. Personally, I just woudln't put in my team, as there are better selections out there in the past. Definiely Jaap Stam, no question. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EddieGray11:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rubbish. Best defender we've had since the Revie era. Amazing redmancscum wanted him in 2000 and both clubs agreed fees, yet the chief knew his ways and stuck with Leeds. Stayed with us for 11 seasons, done more charity work than anyone else in the Premier League, one of the nicest fellas you'll ever want to meet and apart from Nelson Mandela, Lucas is the most famous person in South Africa. He was shot when he was 16, in the back. Amazing how far he came. RAAAAAADDDDDDEEEBBBBBBEEEEEEEEE... LUCAS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, Ok, man, calm down icon_razz.gif

I'm assuming you're a Leeds Fan and a Rio hater. icon_biggrin.gif I think your point of view was his character rather than his actual skills.

He's good. Really a good defender. But come on, don't look at it at a fan's point of view. The likes of Pierce and Maldini for example are pretty much more prolific the way I see it.

But I have no problem with Lucas. Personally, I just woudln't put in my team, as there are better selections out there in the past. Definiely Jaap Stam, no question. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a Leeds fan but just want to echo the previous thought that Lucas is a legend! (We've even named our mascot after him....).

And how can you pick out Radebe as the potential weak link in that team when Mark Bosnich is in goal?

My Dream Team would give yours a run for it's money any day of the week;

GK - Massimo Taibi

DR - Jason Dodd

DL - Winston Bogarde

DC - Ramon Vega

DC - Torben Piechnik

MR - Steve Marlet

ML - Antonio Nunez

MC - Chris Marsden

MC - Bruno Cheyrou

ST - Carl Leaburn

ST - Iain Dowie