Who will you first manage on FM 09 and why?

Being a Liverpool fan you'd probably think i'd pick Liverpool as the first team to manage, but the truth is I don't like picking them as my team for some reason. I don't know what it is but i'd rather pick a side from the lower divisions and try and get them to the EPL. Or I like to manage teams from foreign countries where I have little knowledge of the players and the divisional set up there. I think its more challenging and I seem to enjoy it more. Plus I get to know about players i've never heard of before and my mates are really impressed when I come out and spout some facts about some obscure player that they've never even heard of.

I'm thinking of chosing Dinamo Zagreb or Accrington Stanley at the moment.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aston Villa, fringe of european competition, good transfer budget and good, young, players already there with a solid owner.

Yeah I suppose they would be a good team to pick. Do you support Villa?

I think Atleti Madrid would be a good side to pick aswell. Plenty of flair and creativity in that team.

Liverpool at first, but this is usually a quick game. Then I'll try a more challenging team. My local team, Bournemouth, could be even more interesting this year, and then there's the BSS/BSN teams (most probably Dorchester). Finally, with the national teams recent slide, a Columbian team seems quite appealing.

Yeah I suppose they would be a good team to pick. Do you support Villa?

I think Atleti Madrid would be a good side to pick aswell. Plenty of flair and creativity in that team.

I'm American but I've always followed Villa and really began supporting them when Lerner took over, only ever been to 2 matches of theirs however, both in the 06/07 season.

Im not going to argue though cause you can just say we are in the Championship and I don't hate Villa as much as others.

I may also start as Luton and try and keep them up, now that would please me but it won't happen!

they only start 13 points behind bournemouth and rotherham though.

Newcastle united for me . Supported them all my life and my aim is to win a trophy with them :)

Hey getting a full time manager is almost like silverware to them, you should automatically start off as a fan favorite just for volunteering to manage them in FM09.

Im not going to argue though cause you can just say we are in the Championship and I don't hate Villa as much as others.

Just like me, I like Blues a lot and would love them to get promoted. I love the rivalries and the derbies. They're just special occasions.

Just like me, I like Blues a lot and would love them to get promoted. I love the rivalries and the derbies. They're just special occasions.

I hate the derbies but I suppose you were under more pressure as we are under-dogs.

I even hate them on Football Manager, its just a nightmare to lose,

I am tempted to start a demo game with Villa and try and do well with em, gotta make sure the old man don't see or he'll kick me out!

Liverpool > team i support

Luton Town > just for the challenge of being on -30 points....

some random team > dafuge's challenge

some even more random team > challenge from my location

Archived