when the demo arrives!

Seeing as Rekluse's latest thread got strangely closed here it is with a nonmisleading title

But when the demo DOES come out, how many of you will actually play it fully through? Or how many of you will simply start new games with every available team figuring out transfers etc since you can't wait for the editor in the full game to see such things?

How many hours do you think you'll spend on the demo?

Personally, I'll most likely start with a new manager for every single EPL, Serie A, and La Liga team and probably spend a week on the demo with Aston Villa, (for me, Birmingham City).

Seeing as Rekluse's latest thread got strangely closed here it is with a nonmisleading title

But when the demo DOES come out, how many of you will actually play it fully through? Or how many of you will simply start new games with every available team figuring out transfers etc since you can't wait for the editor in the full game to see such things?

Personally, I'll most likely start with a new manager for every single EPL, Serie A, and La Liga team and probably spend a week on the demo with Aston Villa, (for me, Birmingham City).

i'll start with everton and see how far i get lol alot of ps3 games coming that i'm getting

haha thanks, guess we aren't allowed to question the demo release in thread titles either!

haha thanks, guess we aren't allowed to question the demo release in thread titles either!

I suppose not, you're welcome anyway, thought it would be a good discussion and then realised it was locked, and if you're a Villa fan (from your post) I shouldn't have been so kind ;):D

bUY rONALDO for 200mil over 24 months it only lasts for 6 lol

When you say you'll be buying Ronaldo do you mean the fat Brazilian or the Portugese winker?:D Anyway I take it you'll be playing as Man City because I doubt any other team will have that kind of money.

When you say you'll be buying Ronaldo do you mean the fat Brazilian or the Portugese winker?:D Anyway I take it you'll be playing as Man City because I doubt any other team will have that kind of money.

I might get both, then let them both rot in the reserves! There will be no time for silliness like that from November 14th onwards, serious business then :thumup:

Sorry peter. The opportunity arose. :thup:

No suprise it was you who would take it?!

edit: I will probably just stare at some of the features then run around and then get down to business!

edit2: Liam Connor just got hit by the car! For those Corrie fans out there, or those who are forced to watch!

No suprise it was you who would take it?!

edit: I will probably just stare at some of the features then run around and then get down to business!

edit2: Liam Connor just got hit by the car! For those Corrie fans out there, or those who are forced to watch!

Well what can I say?. That Tony geezer is a nasty piece of work. but were going a bit OT here.

I am undecdided wether or not to download the demo , but if i do , it will pnly be to test out the new features and get used to them , but i will manage a team which i wouldnt in the official game , as i want to save Newcaste , Gateshead and Starting unemployed until the official game is released.

Well what can I say?. That Tony geezer is a nasty piece of work. but were going a bit OT here.

One of his eyes are bigger than the other.

To keep it on topic: I am really looking forward to the demo and am certain it won't ruin my experience as in the demo I will not play as a LL team, just to keep it a suprise when I start unemployed!

Do you do this in the full game, as in play with Man United or do you play with other teams!

I always start with Man United and this is usually the game I most enjoy but I also manage other teams and like playing career type games.

On FM08 I managed all these for a reasonable length of time: Man United, Middlesbrough, AFC Wimbledon, Gretna, Chimney Corner, Kildare County, Bohemians, Young Boys, PSV Eindhoven, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Real Betis, River Plate, Houston Dynamo, Kedah, Nigeria, Mexico, Austria, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Argentina and Republic of Ireland. I can't think of any more. :D

How about you?

I always start with Man United and this is usually the game I most enjoy but I also manage other teams and like playing career type games.

On FM08 I managed all these for a reasonable length of time: Man United, Middlesbrough, AFC Wimbledon, Gretna, Chimney Corner, Kildare County, Bohemians, Young Boys, PSV Eindhoven, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Real Betis, River Plate, Houston Dynamo, Kedah, Nigeria, Mexico, Austria, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Argentina and Republic of Ireland. I can't think of any more. :D

How about you?

Teams I've managed for 5 or more seasons

England:

Aston Villa, Middlesbrough, Fulham, Sunderland, Leicester, Woking, Exeter

Rest:

Palermo, Juventus, Betis, Osasuna, Montpellier, Nautico

I think that's it, this year I'm really just looking forward to managing Aston Villa but I'm sure I'll play a lot more unemployed career games than I ever have in the past, if the regens are fixed.

England:

Rest:

I think that's it, this year I'm really just looking forward to managing Aston Villa but I'm sure I'll play a lot more unemployed career games than I ever have in the past, if the regens are fixed.

This is what I am riding on to whether I will really get into an unemployed career game

England:

Rest:

I think you probably have managed more than I have then as I only have 3 games that I played for at least 5 seasons - Man United, AFC Wimbledon and a Career game that saw me manage PSV, Real Madrid, Betis, Middlesbrough, River Plate, Nigeria and Mexico.

I think you probably have managed more than I have then as I only have 3 games that I played for at least 5 seasons - Man United, AFC Wimbledon and a Career game that saw me manage PSV, Real Madrid, Betis, Middlesbrough, River Plate, Nigeria and Mexico.

Oh National teams I have no clue, I've managed quite a few but usually bounce around from Asian and African nations, only good national teams I've been a part of was my US squad that reached the WC semi-finals and my French side that had a great team but bombed out of two consecutive WCs.

Oh National teams I have no clue, I've managed quite a few but usually bounce around from Asian and African nations, only good national teams I've been a part of was my US squad that reached the WC semi-finals and my French side that had a great team but bombed out of two consecutive WCs.

And I forgot I have managed another game for at least 5 seasons as manager of Republic of Ireland. I usually like managing national teams along with a club job but usually have a game just as manager of Ireland.

I'm going to take it seriously because you can continue the saved game, can't you?

I wouldn't want to do anything silly i.e buy a player for a ridiculous amount of money and pay over 12/18months because I know the demo ends in 6months.

I'm going to take it seriously because you can continue the saved game, can't you?

I wouldn't want to do anything silly i.e buy a player for a ridiculous amount of money and pay over 12/18months because I know the demo ends in 6months.

Yeah you can but wasn't there a problem in FM08 as if you did this the correct teams did not qualify for Euro 2008. Hopefully a similar problem does not happen this time.

Yeah you can but wasn't there a problem in FM08 as if you did this the correct teams did not qualify for Euro 2008. Hopefully a similar problem does not happen this time.

Hey I remember that, I didn't know it had anything to do with continuing the saved game though I just thought it was a bug in general.

Hope we don't see that again.

Hey I remember that, I didn't know it had anything to do with continuing the saved game though I just thought it was a bug in general.

Hope we don't see that again.

Yeah continuing the save game from the demo caused this to happen. I hope as well. :)

Another question, will you rush through the demo or will you play slowly and walk through it!

I rush through the first time to get a feel for it. I find the new stuff surprises me more if I'm just playing rather than looking for new text strings etc. Then I'll play it really slooooow to drag it out to release.

It's nice to buy players I never buy because being 30 doesn't matter in a six month game. It's nice to watch matches on extended highlights because I prefer career games with regens so play on instatext.

All in all, especially with 3d, I'm looking forward to this demo. I just hope that the three major issues from 08 (regens, insanely repetitive media and confidence) are fixed. If they are and nowt is added I'll still be a happy VB :)

Oh cripes. 5 or more in FM08. Ok as I think of them :

Dacia Mioveni. Dinamo Bucharest. Craovia (sp).

Spurs. Luton.

Bayern Munich. Cottbus. Furth.

Padova. AC Milan. Juventus. Lecce. Ascoli.

Salamanca. Betis. Ejido. Palencia.

Nantes. Le Havre.

Go Ahead Eagles. Cambuur.

Botafogo. Santos. Gremio. Flamengo.

Olstykke. AGF.

Hacken. Djurgarden. Mjallby. AIK. Elfsborg.

IA.

CSKA Moskow.

Spartak Varna.

England. Brazil. Italy. Germany.

I think that's it.

Spurs. Luton.

Nantes. Le Havre.

Olstykke. AGF.

IA.

CSKA Moskow.

Spartak Varna.

I think that's it.

The winner so far. :D

Spurs. Luton.

Nantes. Le Havre.

Olstykke. AGF.

IA.

CSKA Moskow.

Spartak Varna.

I think that's it.

haha crazy, I don't even know half of those teams

Well I plan to play as AFC Wimbledon in the full game so I will use the demo as Arsenal to get used to every feature FM09 has to offer. I will also be using these boards for things I may have missed so that when the full game is released I am fully prepped to go long-haul with the mighty Dons. I will not edit or cheat - I simply want to take them to the EPL and also win the FA Cup in a repeat of 1988! Yes I know, that will probably take about 20 years!

I'll start the demo with Exeter (will start as them in the full game too).

When I've done the 6 months, I'll do it again with Forest Green and Middlesbrough before trying it with a few random teams (depending on time allowances).

How about you?

Define reasonable?

If we take 5 season or longer...

Newport-county

Rosenborg

ManUtd

Newcastle

Real Madrid

Liverpool (Only team that offered me a contract... I felt like not taking it, but I was managing newport, and let's face it. You don't give up a premiership management job.....)

England ( 62 games undefeated, using Beckham for 2 years more than I should have, won all competitions ^_^)

Norway

Italy

Spain

Archived