Connection Problems

Myself and a friend of mine play a network game of FM2008, both of us with the 8.0.2 patch. I act as the server which my friend joins. We've been doing it this way since FM2008 came out, but today we started getting problems which we cant figure out - so hopefully someone here can offer us some!

Basically what happened was midgame, my friend got disconnected from the network game. When he attempts to reconnect, it will connect him but one of two things happens; he can take over his team and it will disconnect him when he checks mail / continues / etc OR it wont let him take over his team at all. When connected, nothing else on his internet works (browsing / MSN etc) so he gets cut off again within seconds. We have both tried resetting our internet connections & computers and having only FM2008 running, but nothing seems to make a difference. Both of us run Windows Vista.

Like I said, this is just a new problem for us which just occured for the first time today. Its never happened before and we cant figure out why its happening.

Thanks and please help!

Archived