AI Transfer Budgets and AI Transfer Deals

First of all this is not a moaning thread about cheating AI, I feel I must clarify that or the same 10 people will come on here and attack the thread.

This is purely a thread to get peoples observations etc on transfers which happen depending on what league they choose to play in.

Basically it appears to me that AI teams get ridiculous budgets to spend, if you start with that team you would get no where near the amount. Example - Lazio in my current game (I manage Parma) have racked up an impressive £59m spend in the first season by the end of the Jan 08 Transfer window and Palermo an impressive £44m. I checked their transfer dealings........Lazio had sold Pandev for £18m so therefore have spend £41m nett. This is absolute rubbish. I started a new game to check this out and put myself in as an ex-international etc in order to give me the opportunity of getting the biggest budget to prove the game is equal..............I put myself as expecting to win the league when setting the budgets and I got £6.5million. Palermo was exactly the same........no where near those sorts of budgets. How and Why does this occur.

My second point relates to players that get signed. If you play in England all the players get signed for that league, if you play in Spain they will all end up there likewise in Italy. The game is unbalanced without a shadow of doubt. It makes it impossible to challenge if you are Parma. You get zero budget, get zero through the gate and therefore get zero to spend season after season while the AI spends fake budgets attracting players that aren't interested if you manage them.

Basically I judge the above on the following players - Modric, Huntelaar, Aguero, Mertesacker, Vagner Love, Joao Moutinho and Miguel Veloso

All the above players are high reputation players who sign for the better teams in whatever country it seems you choose as the live league. Obviously it does this by giving teams in the league such as Lazio in Italy or Villareal in Spain ludicrious budgets. Honestly no matter what major league I choose to manage in these players end up there....

Anyone else find this???

Well, wouldn't it come down to you not having all that much experience with the team/managing?

I know you set it to ex-international but that doesn't go to say it gives you respect as a manager. More than any other rep setting but you still wouldn't be up there with the trust of your club.

Only 2 of those players play in the league i'm currently running, i'm in my 3rd season and Modric is on the bench at Chelsea (as always in my games) while Vagner Love is playing for West Ham, Aguero is at Real, Moutinho and Veloso are at Juventus, I have no idea where Huntelaar and Mertesacker are, though I can say for sure they aren't playing in England.

The AI may be taking advantage of more structured deals which means the value reported is well above the actual outlay. You will probably find that they spend less in the second and third seasons as they are still paying off the previous season's deals.

That doesnt matter, you still have to have the money in the bank. ie you cannot buy someone for £15m paying £5m for 3 seasons if you only have £5m in the bank. you need the full £15m in there for it to go through.

That doesnt matter, you still have to have the money in the bank. ie you cannot buy someone for £15m paying £5m for 3 seasons if you only have £5m in the bank. you need the full £15m in there for it to go through.

No I don't think you do. You only need to have the fee you are paying up front and a certain percentage (can't remember what) of the rest.

Sorry philly_flyer10 you're wrong there, for a start you can only do monthly payments over 24 months and yes if you have £5M in the bank you can do £10M over 24 monthly payments.

My second point relates to players that get signed. If you play in England all the players get signed for that league, if you play in Spain they will all end up there likewise in Italy. The game is unbalanced without a shadow of doubt. It makes it impossible to challenge if you are Parma. You get zero budget, get zero through the gate and therefore get zero to spend season after season while the AI spends fake budgets attracting players that aren't interested if you manage them.

Basically I judge the above on the following players - Modric, Huntelaar, Aguero, Mertesacker, Vagner Love, Joao Moutinho and Miguel Veloso

All the above players are high reputation players who sign for the better teams in whatever country it seems you choose as the live league. Obviously it does this by giving teams in the league such as Lazio in Italy or Villareal in Spain ludicrious budgets. Honestly no matter what major league I choose to manage in these players end up there....

Anyone else find this???

I definitely agree with this point and because of this, the country you are playing in tend to dominate the european competitions.

Anyone else find this???

Must admit that I have not found this with my games, players move around all league's. However they do tend to stay with the leagues' that I have active (England, Scotland, Italy & Spain).

Archived