Editor in FM09

Don't expect it.

There would be maaaany, many issues around creating a new league properly, so I don't expect a blank one being in the editor.

Of course, I expect an editor to be there and you will of course be able to name any league the Kazach one now (but then, what about international rankings and the incredible amount of research needed to do it properly?)

New leagues bring a whole host of issues with them. Even SI seem to have given up adding new leagues to the game now. I doubt they'd give an official editor that lets people add shoddy naff leagues to their game.

I doubt adding a ":mad:" to your thread title is exactly likely to encourage official answers on the subject either!

Can someone in charge tell as will we be able to create new leagues in FM09. Thanks.

You won't be able to. SI have said before that they have no plans to introduce this, for the reasons already stated.

Can someone in charge tell as will we be able to create new leagues in FM09. Thanks.

Not sure if this is exactly what you want but it is kind of possible to create leagues in the current game never mind FM2009. You can create an edt file with the swap_teams command in it like this...

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Hull City" "Rangers"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Manchester City" "Celtic"

This would put both sides of the old firm in the English League which imo is the best place for them. ;)

You can get more information about edt files in the editors forum. I think that its highly unlikely that SI will make this possible in an official editor so unless someone produces an unoficial editor then the only way to do it would be the way described above.

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Hull City" "Rangers"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Manchester City" "Celtic"

This would put both sides of the old firm in the English League which imo is the best place for them. ;)

Mebee...although it's hard to make a case that the SPL is the best place for Hull City and Manchester City :p

I'm just wondering if you'll be able to pick your own regen face when creating new players in the FM 09 editor. If so that would be cool.

It wouldn't be hard to implement would it, just pick a picture of the face, then a picture of hair and that would be fine, if people will use it then go for it I say!

It wouldn't be hard to implement would it, just pick a picture of the face, then a picture of hair and that would be fine, if people will use it then go for it I say!

I reckon it would be a beltin idea. Adding yourself and your friends to the game could be a lot more fun when finding a picture as close to the likeness of yourselves and like you said surely it wouldn't be that hard to implement.

Archived