Had enough

Dunno about anyone else but i've had enough of two topics being spammed on this forum :

1. Computer specs

Why are you all so worried, its only 3D, its not HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Whens the demo coming out

I'd like to point everybody to the "ctrl" and the "F" button on their keyboards, as well as the search feature on these boards.

It's just the latest trend. There will be a whole host of other people in a couple of months who can't be bothered using the search button. Recently we've had:

"When's the announcement coming?"

"Will FM09 be 3d?" or variants.

"Shots to goal ratio" (or the "it's my tactics but I don't want to admit it" threads)

"Board confidence" (also see "Stupid chairmen" and "My best player just got sold for £1.99).

I suspect we will soon have:

"How do I download the demo?"

"Why is the demo so slow?"

"Where do I install the demo?"

Closely followed by:

"I just bought the game and it's brilliant."

"I just bought the game and it's utter rubbish."

"I Just bought the game... is this a bug...?" (followed by the same problem over and over)

"The 3D match engine is brilliant."

"The 3D match engine is utter rubbish."

"The transfer system is totally unrealistic."

"Regens are still not good enough."

And, er... "When's FM10 due out?"

just look at the back of your FM08 box, then use your nogen

I'm not in the slightest bit worried myself.

As I've said, well, countless times on loads of threads - I'm sure my fairly basic laptop will run FM09 just fine.

(I said what I said for the sake of all the "others" ;))

It's just the latest trend. There will be a whole host of other people in a couple of months who can't be bothered using the search button. Recently we've had:

"Shots to goal ratio" (or the "it's my tactics but I don't want to admit it" threads)

"Board confidence" (also see "Stupid chairmen" and "My best player just got sold for £1.99).

Closely followed by:

"I Just bought the game... is this a bug...?" (followed by the same problem over and over)

SI's problem is the age-old one:

You can please some of the people all of the time,

All of the people some of the time,

But never all of the people all of the time.

We'll never come to a point where everyone is happy, otherwise the forums would be incredibly boring.

I think people ask when the demo comes out because they seek attention IMO.

Closely followed by:

I also suspect 'These forums' thread will need it's own server by that time as well.

Closely followed by:

You forgot "When's the patch available?" ;)

According to Dictionary.com, a 'Forum', in this context, is defined as...

An assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

In which is case, why has it now become such an issue for people to raise their questions or concerns?

As usual I'll be waiting for you guys to test it.

Two things still really f*ck me off about FM08, the goalscoring defender corner bug and the ridiculous amount of goals teams and crap players score in the Championship, where you have about 15 strikers with rubbish stats score 30 goals a season.

I'll buy in January when the 2nd patch is out, I've learnt my FM lesson.

As usual I'll be waiting for you guys to test it.

Two things still really f*ck me off about FM08, the goalscoring defender corner bug and the ridiculous amount of goals teams and crap players score in the Championship, where you have about 15 strikers with rubbish stats score 30 goals a season.

I'll buy in January when the 2nd patch is out, I've learnt my FM lesson.

Did you mean to post in this thread?!

According to Dictionary.com, a 'Forum', in this context, is defined as...

An assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

In which is case, why has it now become such an issue for people to raise their questions or concerns?

Thats not the point, the point is the question has already been raised, i dont see any FAQ's repeating the same question and answer over and over

It's not worth worrying about. FM09's graphics are far from special, they not on par with FIFA Manager's graphics which only require a 64MB GPU, so if you can play 08, my guess is you can play 09 even with the 3D.

Unless you are going to upgrade your computer or buy a new one you don't need to know the specs before you get the game!

I also subscribe to the "attention seeking" argument for people who start new threads about subjects that have already had millions of threads about them. Some people like to have their name at the top of a thread :p Others are just lazy of course ;)

My problem with asking about specs is simple, if you find out before release it doesn't make a difference it will either work or it won't. If you're really concerned about it don't preorder, go on release day and read the back of the box, simple as.

If you are unable to access the shops, whether that be due to a hectic schedule or even a disability and you want it on the day of release, then I think that's a reasonable point to pre-ordering an item.

You don't have to pre-order it a month in advance though. Why not pre-order 1 week in advance? Sure it might cost more, but then that's the way it goes - pros and cons either way!

You don't have to pre-order it a month in advance though. Why not pre-order 1 week in advance? Sure it might cost more, but then that's the way it goes - pros and cons either way!

Maybe I'm just impatient then because I pre-ordered the second it was advertised on play.com

had enough in the sense that you not only had to click and read it, but reply ; )

Could say the same for you an the said threads you moan about.Give these people a break, alot of them are new an don't use these forums religiously like some.

There used to be system requirements on older versions of the game, CM I believe. this should be revived for FM. It helps, it may make people consider certain upgrades which they may not be aware of. Especially newbies who may buy the game and then realise that it doesn't work all that well. This could save them hassle and reduce the amount of annoying messages you see ont he forum.

There used to be system requirements on older versions of the game, CM I believe. this should be revived for FM. It helps, it may make people consider certain upgrades which they may not be aware of. Especially newbies who may buy the game and then realise that it doesn't work all that well. This could save them hassle and reduce the amount of annoying messages you see ont he forum.

FM does have these, they just haven't been announced yet. In fact, all PC games show the req specs.

Archived