Can I play in Romanian 3rd league this year

romania 3rd division? surely if that is in English Non leagues are in too Like the Unibond league etc?

I'd be more interested in Romanian 3rd than yet another English league. Blimey you'd think only fans of the English league played the game :D

No, i reckon 1 in 2 fm fans are English or live in England

Well, firstly I don't see what difference that makes to what leagues should be included and secondly that's just a guess so little odds tbh. I'm not having a go btw, I just don't see why Unibond should be included ahead of other leagues and your reasoning seems to be that a majority of FM players are English :confused: I don't think that's a good enough reason.

Sorry , i don't see how adding couple more English leagues would give more depth to the game then adding Spanish Tercera division, for example.You get 18 groups with 18 teams each in Tercera and one of the hardest promotions.

Surely more lower leagues such as Romanian, Russian, Turkish or other 3rd Tier with lower reputation and low or no income would something that adds challenge, specially with their more complicated promotion/relegation system.

As for 1 of 2 people are from England, that's maybe true for this forum , but you can't base your judgment just on this.There is lot of people who don't speak English or they don't have enough knowledge of it to express themselves and they still play FM.

I hope that majority of people don't think that only English are playing football IRL. If they do then we have a problem.

English league is more exciting for excample you could manage ramsgate and get a good cup run and draw a premiership team can you get this when you are managing in the Romanian 3rd league? Unlikely

I think the English lower league stinks and don't know why BSN etc is included, should SI get rid of it?

The focus should not just be in the English leagues. There are plenty of leagues that could be added including the Romanian 3rd division and have just as much (if not more) importance to be added than more English leagues.

No, i reckon 1 in 2 fm fans are English or live in England

We should have a poll on about who is English. :D

English league is more exciting for excample you could manage ramsgate and get a good cup run and draw a premiership team can you get this when you are managing in the Romanian 3rd league? Unlikely

I'd say it's indeed unlikely to draw a premiership team when you are managing in the Romanian 3rd league.;)

However, I personally think they should look at new nations before expanding on leagues in already playable countries.

If people want to try different leagues then there are loads I bet people don't use already on the game. The Indonesian league is on there isn't it? How many people actually use that?

If people want to try different leagues then there are loads I bet people don't use already on the game. The Indonesian league is on there isn't it? How many people actually use that?

More than you reckon probably, i've read plenty of threads with people managing teams in India, Hong Kong, Northern ireland etc. Just because it's not the most used doesn't mean it's not important.

More than you reckon probably, i've read plenty of threads with people managing teams in India, Hong Kong, Northern ireland etc. Just because it's not the most used doesn't mean it's not important.

Yeah, certainly true. :thup: They are plenty of people who manage in the so-called 'lesser leagues'.

Where did I state it wasn't important?? I was pointing out if people want to try something different like the romanian 3rd division they could try something like the Indonesian league.

My point wasn't aimed at you hjfh, it was a general thread point. As for trying something else instead, of course they could, but there's no harm in asking for more options, we would all benefit from that.

Fair enough :) But I must say I haven't a problem with asking for more options as I have asked about other leagues being added myself in the past.

There are more important leagues to add before we have something as rubbish as Romainian 3rd league.

Lot of teams in Romanian 3rd (or Russian, etc..) have stadiums size on level with English Championship and League One teams.Just because something doesn't have coverage on Skysport doesn't mean that is "rubbish".And while you can't get maybe chance to draw against Premiership club, you still can play against Steaua and Dinamo Bucurest.Plus not everyone cares about EPL and definitely not about Unicorn (err Unibond) league.

Or you are saying that Spanish 3rd league is also rubbish in comparison to Unibond? If so , please tell us why?

Some of those leagues are already in game Spanish 3rd, Italian Serie D , etc... They got players in teams , they just don't have schedules. So implementation should not be a problem.If Sweden can have 4 league depth why not countries like Spain , Germany , etc..?

As for new leagues SI already stated that there are 2 criteria for leagues to be included:

1) available research data

2) sales of FM (legal) have to be notable

Countries as Cyprus, Bosnia , Macedonia , Montenegro, Malta and some others have very good research data available, but not sales number.I hope that SI will down the road reconsider this and include some of them.

Guest mikeytwigge

sweden gets the second most because thats fms second biggest market. As for adding romainian 3rd league and unibond as much i'd like to manage my locl team in the unibond it aint going to happen and i think we should get a few more top leagues in africa ahead of the romainian 3rd league

Oh and i want the Martian League added ;)

Lot of teams in Romanian 3rd (or Russian, etc..) have stadiums size on level with English Championship and League One teams.Just because something doesn't have coverage on Skysport doesn't mean that is "rubbish".And while you can't get maybe chance to draw against Premiership club, you still can play against Steaua and Dinamo Bucurest.Plus not everyone cares about EPL and definitely not about Unicorn (err Unibond) league.

Or you are saying that Spanish 3rd league is also rubbish in comparison to Unibond? If so , please tell us why?

Some of those leagues are already in game Spanish 3rd, Italian Serie D , etc... They got players in teams , they just don't have schedules. So implementation should not be a problem.If Sweden can have 4 league depth why not countries like Spain , Germany , etc..?

As for new leagues SI already stated that there are 2 criteria for leagues to be included:

Countries as Cyprus, Bosnia , FYROM , Montenegro, Malta and some others have very good research data available, but not sales number.I hope that SI will down the road reconsider this and include some of them.

Just corrected the mistake when you reporting to some countries...

Just corrected the mistake when you reporting to some countries...

I am not Macedonian , and i don't care about technicalities and/or politics.For me they are Macedonia in short, since i hate abbreviations. Please leave politics out of this.

Thanks

I am not Macedonian , and i don't care about technicalities and/or politics.For me they are Macedonia in short, since i hate abbreviations. Please leave politics out of this.

Thanks

Politics?

Macedonia is in Greece so if you don't know better don't speak..

Thanks

Politics?

Macedonia is in Greece so if you don't know better don't speak..

Thanks

There is Macedonian League with Vardar Skopje , etc.... Last time i checked they were not Greek league,but different country. And i know that there is , also, province in Greece, Aegean Macedonia (which i was not referring to here).Sorry if you mixed those 2 by chance :)

Like i said , i don't care about politics and if one country(or maybe 2) in world doesn't want call another with certain name, while everyone else does, it's not my problem.I am sure that if i say Macedonian league people know what i am referring to.

It's a free world after all, so leave it alone.

To get back on topic, i agree that having only 2 Greek leagues is not right.Greek 3rd Division is very interesting league and i would like to try it.

I am hoping that when and if SI decides to add some leagues, it will address something else, other then leagues that are already quite expanded.That being Cypriot, Russian ,Spanish, Bosnian, Macedonian or any other league it really doesn't matter.Point is that this game is being played in other countries then just UK (for example).

I dont think the 2nd criteria is needed, I think that some nations that are included in the game dont have notable (dont know how many sales mean 'notable') sales, like Iceland and most asian countries. But they are still there. Also many people play leagues which they know nothing about.

For me, although I enjoy playing English league, I would prefer some new nations and lowers league of other nations instead of lower English league.

Nations like Bosnia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Cyprus, Egypt, Morocoo, Tunisia, Qatar, Ecuador, Bolivia, Venezuela and Vietnam would be interesting

There is FYROM League with Vardar Skopje , etc.... Last time i checked they were not Greek league,but different country. And i know that there is , also, province in Greece, Aegean Macedonia (which i was not referring to here).Sorry if you mixed those 2 by chance :)

Like i said , i don't care about politics and if one country(or maybe 2) in world doesn't want call another with certain name, while everyone else does, it's not my problem.I am sure that if i say FYROM league people know what i am referring to.

It's a free world after all, so leave it alone.

To get back on topic, i agree that having only 2 Greek leagues is not right.Greek 3rd Division is very interesting league and i would like to try it.

I am hoping that when and if SI decides to add some leagues, it will address something else, other then leagues that are already quite expanded.That being Cypriot, Russian ,Spanish, Bosnian, FYROM or any other league it really doesn't matter.Point is that this game is being played in other countries then just UK (for example).

Sorry mate but I hate people that don't have any knowledge of history and just give names because they like or heard

And since no official name came out for Skopje yet you cannot use a name of a Greek area to call them..

Really where are you from?

If all of a sudden we call Greece England will the English people feel ok?

So leave it please..

Sorry mate but I hate people that don't have any knowledge of history and just give names because they like or heard

And since no official name came out for Skopje yet you cannot use a name of a Greek area to call them..

I will use the name Macedonia. It's short, and it's to the point since the republic was called that within Yugoslavia. You cannot tell me how to call it. Now your example is just plainly stupid, because obviously there is no history behind Greece being called England or whatever. So my advice, you Greeks need to lighten up on the issue, noone but yo cares about a stinking name, and we are in the 21st century?

I will use the name Macedonia. It's short, and it's to the point since the republic was called that within Yugoslavia. You cannot tell me how to call it. Now your example is just plainly stupid, because obviously there is no history behind Greece being called England or whatever. So my advice, you Greeks need to lighten up on the issue, noone but yo cares about a stinking name, and we are in the 21st century?

Oh and there is history behind Vardarcka being called Macedonia?Hahahahahahahaha!

Nice try...LOL!

Oh and there is history behind Vardarcka being called Macedonia?Hahahahahahahaha!

Nice try...LOL!

Please, leave it. In Holland everybody calls it Macedonia, I'm pretty sure in other European countries it's the same. I know it might be a little confronting for Greek people, but get over it.

Please, leave it. In Holland everybody calls it Macedonia, I'm pretty sure in other European countries it's the same. I know it might be a little confronting for Greek people, but get over it.

What has to say if some countries call them like that?Means that this is their name?

So for people that don't know nothing about history I suggest them to learn their own history first and then talk about others...

Get over it!

I will add also some reports for those that don't know:

"The Macedonian people and their kings were of Greek stock, as their traditions and the scanty remains of their language combine to testify."

John Bagnell Bury, "A History of Greece to the Death of Alexander the Great", 2nd ed.(1913)

Clearly, the language of the ancient Macedonians was Greek"

{Prof. John C. Roumans Professor Emeritus of Classics Wisconsin University}

There is no doubt, that Macedonians were Greeks."

(Robin Lane Fox "Historian-Author")

Bulgarian historians say FYROMians are of Bulgarian origin and their language developed from a Bulgarian dialect," which Skopje denies. But Sofia was also the first country to recognize FYROM's independence from the former Yugoslavia in 1991 and now favours its joining the EU. (August 2006 AFP)

Every FYROMIAN national who does not claim Albanian or Serbian origin has the right to declare a Bulgarian origin." This is an individual act in accordance with the historical reality of our common ethnic origin,”

According to: Stefan Nikolov of the Agency for Bulgarians Abroad. (August 2006 AFP)

You want more?

"The Macedonian people and their kings were of Greek stock, as their traditions and the scanty remains of their language combine to testify."

John Bagnell Bury, "A History of Greece to the Death of Alexander the Great", 2nd ed.(1913)

Bulgarian historians say FYROMians are of Bulgarian origin and their language developed from a Bulgarian dialect," which Skopje denies. But Sofia was also the first country to recognize FYROM's independence from the former Yugoslavia in 1991 and now favours its joining the EU. (August 2006 AFP)

Every FYROMIAN national who does not claim Albanian or Serbian origin has the right to declare a Bulgarian origin." This is an individual act in accordance with the historical reality of our common ethnic origin,”

According to: Stefan Nikolov of the Agency for Bulgarians Abroad. (August 2006 AFP)

You want more?

No thanks as this is off topic for this particular forum let alone this thread.

Bulgarian historians say Macedonians are of Bulgarian origin and their language developed from a Bulgarian dialect," which Skopje denies. But Sofia was also the first country to recognize Macedonia independence from the former Yugoslavia in 1991 and now favours its joining the EU. (August 2006 AFP)

Every Macedonians national who does not claim Albanian or Serbian origin has the right to declare a Bulgarian origin." This is an individual act in accordance with the historical reality of our common ethnic origin,”

You want more?

Here i fix it for now :)

What has to say if some countries call them like that?Means that this is their name?

So for people that don't know nothing about history I suggest them to learn their own history first and then talk about others...

Get over it!

To be specific , everyone but Greeks and Cypriots is calling it Macedonia(in short) .Now , please keep nationalism off the sport forums.If you got issues with that there is OT forum for stuff like that or get over it.

This topic is discussion about possible additions to FM , not about origins of the nations.So contribute in that way :)

Thanks

Here i fix it for now :)

To be specific , everyone but Greeks and Cypriots is calling it Macedonia(in short) .Now , please keep nationalism off the sport forums.If you got issues with that there is OT forum for stuff like that or get over it.

This topic is discussion about possible additions to FM , not about origins of the nations.So contribute in that way :)

Thanks

To let you know changing names or words that have been written in books or said by historians etc is called plagiarism so be carefull next time ;)

Maybe is OT discussion but since I see people talking about Macedonian leagues or people and reffering to Skopjans am sorry I can't accept it since Macedonia was, is and will ever be Greek you like it or not..

And to close it here I'll borrow a word from a historian that said very wisely:

People or countries that never had their own history try to steal from others and present it as theirs... ;)

Cheers!

To let you know changing names or words that have been written in books or said by historians etc is called plagiarism so be carefull next time ;)

Maybe is OT discussion but since I see people talking about Macedonian leagues or people and reffering to Macedonians am sorry I can't accept it since Aegean Macedonia was, is and will ever be Greek you like it or not..

Thank you and good riddance, now can we go back to original topic? :)

There were already modded databases that included Montenegrian , Tunisian , Macedonian or some other leagues .That tells me that some decent data research exists already. It is just matter of does SI thinks that is credible enough.

Thank you and good riddance, now can we go back to original topic? :)

There were already modded databases that included Montenegrian , Tunisian , Skopjan or some other leagues .That tells me that some decent data research exists already. It is just matter of does SI thinks that is credible enough.

10 chars!!

Archived