Moving on from 2007

Hey guys,

Newbie here, I've bought a fair few FM version over the years but when FM 2008 came out I decided to stick with 2007. Still really enjoy FM2007 but I must say I am excited about the new 2009 release with the press conferences, assistant feedback and 3D engine. Apart from still enjoying FM 2007 I was put off 2008 by the presentation, I guess it was time for a change in style following the FM2006/7 look but I thought it was pretty naff, sorry. The cartoon buttons on the menu don't make things very easy on the eye to navigate. The initial screen shots look like 2008 skin, will there be a new skin for 2009 or are the shots we've seen near to final? Will there be some different styles to pick from?

That's for FMH, though, isn't it?

Yes it is but a lot of people seem to not be able to listen to a youtube video which clearly explains not only with sound but with pictures! That the 2008 skin has been slightly adjusted for 09, and that there are new light and dark skins are for FMH!!!

Theres two skins.A light one, and a dark one

Not for the pc\mac versions there isn't. There was a thread suggesting that the skin for fm2009 would be more or less the same as fm2008 with only a few minor changes.

If you don't like the skin of the game, it's no reason not to buy it. There will be, like every year, literally thousands of skins made by FM gamers themselves - So you can pick many from that.

Exactly, I don't see the big thing about skins tbh and was never all that bothered by the FM08 one. No matter what Si do, a fan one will probably be considered the best.

Archived