so what are you most looking forward to on fm09?

For me personally it will be the press conferences, I'm looking forward to answering the (fingers crossed) many different questions thrown at me. I must admit not too bothered about the 3d, I think that there will be some flaws with it, but I'm a optimist! Can't wait to play it though, I didn't think that I'd get excited for this game as I'm getting older but it seems the closer we get too the demo and release date the more excited I get! I so hope I'm not the only one who feels like that!

Anyway, so what you looking forward to the most?

Bucket

The 3D match engine is the most looked forward to by me. I would like to see how they play properly rather than just sit there and imagine. Also when I play harder teams and they have a shot you don't know if its going in or over so hopefully it won't be scary this time round, I get scared when the other team has shots on your goal.

The 3D match engine is the most looked forward to by me. I would like to see how they play properly rather than just sit there and imagine. Also when I play harder teams and they have a shot you don't know if its going in or over so hopefully it won't be scary this time round, I get scared when the other team has shots on your goal.

yeah especially when your watching it in slow mo and it's the 93rd minute against top of the table side and your 1-0 up and need to win to stave off relegation! Cor the amount of fingers nails I must have gone through play fm!

I'm looking forward to picking my next random manager's name!

I usually play under my proper-name, when the 1st patch is released, as that would be a long-term game, but initally I have a couple of "quick" games, to test the features and tactics!

I'm currently thinking of going under the name Dirtbag 2000, or possibly Supernatural Superserious, as i've just heard it on the radio. :D

I usually play under my proper-name, when the 1st patch is released, as that would be a long-term game, but initally I have a couple of "quick" games, to test the features and tactics!

I'm currently thinking of going under the name Dirtbag 2000, or possibly Supernatural Superserious, as i've just heard it on the radio. :D

I don't think I would ever use any other name other than my name.

How about Whodya Nickabolokov, international player, Bulgarian nationallity

Never been an advocate for the 3D, but that's definitely the one thing I'm most interested in seeing. After that, I'll be looking to see how they've done in fixing the confidence system.

Other than those two, I've got nothing in particular.

I was against 3D, and thought it would never happen. But after seeing the video and the screen shots, i'm really excited about it. What i had in my mins was something crap. But this looks good, and will be looking forward to trying out the demo.

Yeah, so 3D for me.

The 3d match engine will be 'interesting'. Hopefully it will not suffer from similar features in other management games, when the images you see end up being very repetative. But overall, i am looking forward to finding those little things that arent really mentioned as main features. Just something you stumble across one day and think "has that been there the whole time"?

For me it will finally be people on the forums no longer asking stuff like;

Any news on the release date of the demo?

When is new info on the game coming out?

etc, etc.

:D

Tomtuck, don't worry there will always be something to ask like "When is the patch coming out?" :D

3d match engine and the improvements to MLS.:D

I'm very curious on how these two things are implemented in FM09.

The match engine should be good, as SI have tested this for a few years already.

The changes to MLS I'm not quite as sure. I believe that SI will have fixed most of the issues in FM08.:)

Press conferences weigh in heavily for myself. I look forward to peppering the reporters with angry rhetoric using the free text field when results do not go my way. I wonder what the character limit of that is, hehe.

A close second would be the PPMs, would be great to observe first-hand how the PPM system works and especially what dictates which PPM a player can pick up.

I'm very much looking forward to the new Match Engine. I don't mean the 3d, but how the ME responds to the tactical input. I expect major improvements. Oh and of course the transfer system, it won't look new, but it should function better.

Assistant Manager's feedback during a match.

I'm lost in the tactical department and despite reading the threads it doesn't really help me.

Hopefully, the assistant manager can teach me some stuff.

me too.

I'm curious to see how 3d engine works and how the set-ups of tactic are designed.

Definately the new transfer system! I was originally against the 3d but now its there i look forward to seeing how good it really is and see how all the testing the ME got from FML - which is where all the hype seems to be in regards to "realism". Regens and how they develop should be good too e.g young stars like messi coming through/late bloomers like toni :D

Definitely the better regens, i've never had a save where there are nearly the same amount of superstars (ie messi, ronaldo, etc) as there are at the start. i got the most excited i've been about 09 when i heard about more regens starting with a high CA, eg fabregas.

The new transfer system which is 3 editions overdue and I hope will be miles apart from the current transfer system.

Also I'm looking forward to the new ME since from what I have read on the forums should be much better from the 08 version and hopefully will eliminate the problems that existed in 08 like players awareness of the ball, player movement and etc.

AssMan talks. I've always wanted the lousy bugger to have his say at half time because it happens all the time in real life.

I'm glad the AssMan has a more important role. I hope the better/experienced they are the more accurate information/advice we'll get.

for me im looking forward to using the new press conferences - hope the questions and answers make sense!!! also be interesting with the 3d - i didnt have a problem with the 2d anyway.

The new transfer system hopefully will be more realistic. hoping not to see chelsea end up payin over £20 millions for a left back when they already have a.cole and bridge!!!! even though im not a chelsea fan!!!

and hopfully all the teamtalks are better and have a better effect aswell as getting more and beter feedback!!! cant wait!!!!

Transfer System for me, looking forward to actually being able to sell the players I don't want! 3D view looks interesting as well as it should allow us to see where our tactics are going right/wrong a little easier. Media interaction - got very same old, same old in 08. Regens, will be good to se a few world class players coming through. Erm actually, I've just realised I'm just looking forward to the new game!

Regens have got to be the biggest thing I am looking forward to as it just makes my career games much more worthwile and I may finally see a big, technically good player.

Also, the 3D engine looks tops but hope it isn't to repetitive

The transfer coding looks like it may make long term games much more interesting

The press conferences look great aslong as there are more questions

And finally my AssMan will do something

SO pretty much everything, roll on November 14th

Of course the 3D match engine...

But I am also looking forward to see how the new "transfer system" works... I play alot with the Danish Superliga, and so far there have been MANY unrealistic transfers.. Hopefully it will be better now :D

new arrowless ME. but i'm not too excited about 3d...i'll give it a go but...

the most i'm 'worried' is how attributes will transform from db to the game. i hope 'footdness bug' will be fixed for 09. and the transfer system.

i'm allways suspicious about new features (learning PPM's, press conference...) as for bad experience in past, such as board confidence and team talks.

Archived