Who should be king of FM2009, Ronaldo or Messi?

Even though I am a Man Utd supporter and play as Man Utd. in every SI game and never be any other team I would say Messi should be the king of FM2009 purely because I love watching Messi, I love watching Ronaldo but I do think that Messi is like a god with the ball.

I think they will both have such great attributes it will be hard to pick one over the other but Messi will be better because he is younger and at 21 will reach his full PA quicker (whatevers left between his CA and PA, can't be too much though).

Ah, a GQ Ronaldo vs Messi debate.

Neither should be 'king of FM2009', I'd like their abilities to be accurately portrayed and both to be strong at what they're strong IRL. In real life, however, this is a pointless debate as the pair of them are completely different types of players, Messi being a dribbler first and foremost who likes to take men on in numbers and dribble through packed defences, whereas Ronaldo can control the ball at a speed no other player I have seen play has been able to which makes him the most dangerous player on the break you can come up against. He's also a very physical player despite his tendency to go to ground when there's a chance of a free kick being awarded and his aerial ability is impressive as well. Which will be better in FM09 will probably depend on the team, tactics and various other factors.

I'd vote for David Villa. Easily. If we aren't allowed forwards then Xavi. No correspondance will be entered into.

whereas Ronaldo can control the ball at a speed no other player I have seen play

So you've only been watching football for about five years then? Baggio, Weah, Van Basten, Papin, Savicevic. And that's just AC Milan players :D

I've got to say Ronaldo, even though Messi is a 'God' at dribbling and taking on defences etc, Ronaldo is so much more than just a speedy winger, he one of the best headerers of the ball, he is tough, he can tackle, the list goes on. But tbh I think Gareth Bale should be the best player on the game :D

I'd vote for David Villa. Easily. If we aren't allowed forwards then Xavi. No correspondance will be entered into.

So you've only been watching football for about five years then? Baggio, Weah, Van Basten, Papin, Savicevic. And that's just AC Milan players :D

Have you been watching youtube compliations alone?

Van Basten was a top quality player, but when did you ever see him running with the ball at speed with such control as the poster is talking about? :thdn:

Archived