Home-grown players for Europe

would be really cool if you could "see" this field at all times, not just when you have to declare your squad for Europe - you only ever see the "HG" notation when the squad is to be decided!

more important now as the Champs League requires more home-grown (Academy players or players trained-up at the club) players from the 08/09 season - would be useful!

you could maybe switch it on/off, like the "show injured players/players on loan" etc. check-boxes! :)

I agree, player histories are messed up sometimes and its hard to tell.

I think it's called "squad selection" or something in the tree-menu, when it shows up - trouble is, once you select your squad, it doesn't re-appear!

makes it kinda tricky to figure out how many "young" players you can safely loan out, or the older squad members you can safely sell-on!

wasn't particularly a problem before, but UEFA rules regarding home-grown players is are tougher now!

8 players per squad now or something is it - Liverpool had to leave Hyypia out of their Champs League squad, as he was classed as a foreigner, and they had to include another young player!

don't see why you cannot add it as a "View" like showing injured players, players on loan, players under-21 or whatever!

Totally agree with this.

It's so annoying that you only see it when you are selecting the players for your Europe squad.

When deciding whether to sell players I have to look at their history and try to work it out, and often get it wrong.

I think it's called "squad selection" or something in the tree-menu, when it shows up - trouble is, once you select your squad, it doesn't re-appear!

makes it kinda tricky to figure out how many "young" players you can safely loan out, or the older squad members you can safely sell-on!

wasn't particularly a problem before, but UEFA rules regarding home-grown players is are tougher now!

8 players per squad now or something is it - Liverpool had to leave Hyypia out of their Champs League squad, as he was classed as a foreigner, and they had to include another young player!

don't see why you cannot add it as a "View" like showing injured players, players on loan, players under-21 or whatever!

What I meant about player histories is that's usually how I tell is just see if they meet the rule requirements based on where they played in their history profile, when looking for a player to sign. I'd much rather there just be a permanent icon somewhere letting you know whose a homegrown player and then a search feature to find them.

In some leagues they have a rule about the amount of home-grown players (often below a certain age) in the match squad. Maybe these leagues' perceptions of home grown are slightly different, which might add a lot of confusion.

Off course you could just make an "Home grown by UEFA definitions"-filter :p

What I meant about player histories is that's usually how I tell is just see if they meet the rule requirements based on where they played in their history profile, when looking for a player to sign. I'd much rather there just be a permanent icon somewhere letting you know whose a homegrown player and then a search feature to find them.

yeah, would be handy if there were a field in the player description, saying "home-grown player for:_club_"!

you have to be at a clubs academy for 3 years U-21, so it's unlikely that there would ever be more than 2 clubs named in there - remote chance that there would even be more than 1 club named!

Is the home grown requirement for european games actually agreed on in real life yet? I didn't think it had been agreed.

I thought clubs are not currently restricted from playing who they want in european competition.

Is the home grown requirement for european games actually agreed on in real life yet? I didn't think it had been agreed.

I thought clubs are not currently restricted from playing who they want in european competition.

yes, it's UEFA law now; if there were no restrictions, Hyypia would not have been left out of the Liverpool Champions League squad this season.

I think it is 8 home-grown (Academy) players this season (2008/09) - UEFA had been increasing the number of players season-by-season!

Of the eight, at least four must be trained by the club's own academy and the rest in the home country.

Uefa defines a club-trained player as one who has been registered for a minimum of three seasons with the club between the age of 15 and 21.

So that makes 4 players raised in the Academy, plus another 4 qualified players.

I agree this would be a good feature, since I my self prefer home grown players to play for my team or at least the players from the same country that the club is.

Now if you want to know if the player is home grown or is of the same nationality you have click on the player and then check his history/nationality which is a lot of work when you have many players.

I stand corrected! I'm sure there was a big fuss when this rule was proposed, I hadn't heard anything so assumed it had died a death.

It explains why most big clubs have started buying young players for more money. I'd noticed this but not really attributed it to anything in particular.

cheers

Archived