>>Please Read You Can Change Mach Events<<

Okay Recently i copied the match events from CM 03/04 and replaced the FM08 match events with this but it kept popping up errors as expected as i just wanted to see if you could get the same gameplay from CM 03/04. But tonight i did the same but replaced FM08 match events with the FM2006 match events and hey it worked you can certainly notice the difference and i like the FM2006 gameplay better as i seen less bugs and more realistic match play. If anyone wants to try the events can be downloaded here (http://files.filefront.com/eventsrar/;12075128;/fileinfo.html) and give me feedback and remember to backup FM2008 match events

Thank You

I'm pretty certain if you are talking about events.cfg that relates to commentary. In other words an event occurs in the match engine and this triggers a given 'event' in the commentary to be displayed. The event comes from that file.

The match engine itself i.e. how players move etc. is part of the fm exe file.

This is impossible I'm afraid. Even if it were possible to swap the match engine around by simply copying a few files (which is not even remotely likely) you'd also have tactics modules that don't match, rules that conflict, graphics that are completely different etc. The difference you're noticing must be in your imagination.

The uploaded file is events.cfg, which is what isuckatfm said it is, just a commentary file.

Archived