Stadium changes ?

Are stadium changes possible in FM08 ?

I thought they weren't until I spotted Portsmouth's stadium as "Solent Stadium" on the team's information page during the 2011/12 season ... I know for a fact that when I started this particular game that they were of course still playing at Fratton ... what gives ?

Portsmouth's Stadium change is already pre-programmed into the game, as is Liverpool's and Cardiff's as well as Valencia's, St. Petersberg's and Juventuses. If you go on the editor you can see that a team is going to change stadium on the "future stadium move" tab. Teams that don't have any pre-programmed stadium move can also end up moving to a new stadium. My Spurs side were doing well and packing in the crowds every week so the board decided to build me a new stadium, and since I was the most successful manager in the history of Spurs, they named it after me. So I ended up with a 60,000 all-seater stadium named "Columbo Park"

Portsmouth's Stadium change is already pre-programmed into the game, as is Liverpool's and Cardiff's as well as Valencia's, St. Petersberg's and Juventuses. If you go on the editor you can see that a team is going to change stadium on the "future stadium move" tab. Teams that don't have any pre-programmed stadium move can also end up moving to a new stadium. My Spurs side were doing well and packing in the crowds every week so the board decided to build me a new stadium, and since I was the most successful manager in the history of Spurs, they named it after me. So I ended up with a 60,000 all-seater stadium named "Columbo Park"

wich year was it? and how many years you spent coaching them?

It's great to have something like that in the game, but there are some problems, especially with German teams.

In Germany, you have standing room. Those won't be taken away anytime soon and the fans would lynch whoever decided to change a stadium or build a new one without standing room.

In FM 2008, the first thing they get done when expanding the stadium, is turn standing room into seats. Apart from the above mentioned outrage, changing standing room into seating area isn't really an expansion now is it? ;)

Yeovil on my save moved to a new stadium and named it "Cuckoo Farm". Have to say that did make me chuckle.

Cuckoo Farm was the working title of Colchester United's new stadium before it was completed before the beginning of this season.

I was the Tiverton manager and the year I got promoted to League 1, there was a stadium change for my team, moving from Ladysmead with a capacity of 3000 (400 seated) to a 13,500 all seater stadium with under-soil heating. I must say it did a great deal to help sort out the debts I had at the club ;) !!!

Archived