Why cant I scout the reserve leagues?

I've had a problem for about 6 seasons, in Dafuge's Challenge, where in, I was able to scout the Reserve Leagues in my first season as Hendon, (In the BSS) - But after the season finished, I've not been able to scout the reserve leagues since. I've three scouts, all on Full Time contracts, and none already scouting a league to take away the option. I relied heavily on unhappy reserve team players in the first few seasons, and now this has been cut off. My Hendon side (Now in League 2) - plays in the Reserves and U-18 leagues, but I'm unable to scout either. Please help. :)

Do you need to have the reserve/u18 leagues on Full Detail before you can scout?

No. (stupid min character rule, my 2 charachetr answer was perfectly valid)

Never heard of this before. Maybe you could try bringing in a new scout and seeing if this 'refreshes' your options. Complete guess though so don't risk it if you've already got scouts you don't want to lose.

I've tried that too, Smallmac.

I was able to scout them in season 1. In season 2, the option just wasn't there. I assumed because my scouts weren't on FT contracts, or that the club wasn't Professional, but now all thats changed. I've 3 scouts, none that can scout the Res/U18's

how come they stopped scouting them in the first place, anyways?? the guy i have scouting the u-18's just keeps churning reports out, season after season... it just classes the assignment as "ongoing" and nothing under "duration" but he's been at it a few seasons...

Because mid way through the 2nd season, (When they still had the scouting assignments there) - I had realized they'd not given me a single report all season, (Probably around Jan/Feb). So I thought it did what I often get, when scouts just don't report (I've had one scout scouting Brazil for nearly 4 years once before realizing he hadn't given me a single report) - I just deleted it to restart, and hey presto - the option wasn't there.

not sure about that one then. just tried it on mine, and i was able to send the same scout or a diffferent one on the assignment... the only one its not available for is the one scouting "next opposition"

Archived