Increasing Player Value - FM2008 8.02

Just would like some thoughts here --on how to increase the value of a player before the eventual sale happens.

I have noticed interest in a few players that i have --and it probably looks that when the new transfer window approaches I will be placed in a position to sell.

Now knowing this --I want to get the maximum value --So what can I do?

I have thought of offering a new contract with obvious increased salary and length --BUT does anyone know if this will do it? OR are there any other tips?

I have around 3-4 months before the transfer window --and on all these players their contract is not up for renewal for at least 14 months. They are all being tracked by top clubs and will I will be surpised if I will be able to keep them.

Cheers and would appreciate all the feedback

Playing often and consistently gets the values of your players up plus when offers come in keep putting the asking price at something crazy and the other clubs won't want to pay so you keep your players, if they do pay anything close to what you asked for then your gonna be rolling in it :D

You might find some luck improving their squad status and renewing their contract through the end of the year...so,

Jonny Halfwit, who's a backup worth 20k through 30 June 2008. Gets a new contract where he's now become a key player worth 20K and listed on the senior squad roster through 30 June 2008 even though he never gets played, except for some meaningless friendlies to become match fit.

Archived