Can't tutor my young players

I recently bought some new youth players for my team on the 1st July (none of them are older than 17). My game time now is 15th July, but for some reason when I try to give them a tutor there is nothing to click on so to speak. Yet for my other young players (those from last season) this problem doesn't occur.

My explanation for this is: a) they're new to the club or b) as some of them are from germany and italy, they don't speak english and thus my Peterborough players will find it hard to communicate with them.

If someone has an answer, this will be great as I had earlier prepared some great tutors for them!

Good guess - they have to be contracted to the club.

you sure about this?? i've just gone through my entire u-18 team and assigned them tutors, and the oldest one turns 17 in around a month's time?? unless its because they all have pre-contract agreements??

Just a further update, I'm almost approaching 2010 (I bought the regens in the last transfer window, so July or thereabouts 2009) and the players in question still can't be tutored. Some but not all of them now have full time contracts. Still a bit annoyed lol.

Archived