Matches that almost gives you a heartattack

Maybe not Thrilling but one of my favourite matches was When i was managing my Beloved Villa,

and i was losing 2-0 to Man United, and scored 2 goals in INjury time, Curtis Davies and Ashley Young scored for me, and i actually jumped up when the equalizer went in!

Most thrillnig game though, i think i won a game 5-4 once with Cheltenham against Millwall i think, cant remember too much though, that was a good 5 or 6 months ago.

Believe me I've had plenty with Man United and Nigeria especially. Beat Liverpool 5-3 in a Carling Cup final after Liverpool came from behind 3 times. Also came back from 2-0 on agg (against Liverpool) and 4-0 down on agg (against Inter) in the Champions League.

With Nigeria we came from 3-1 down with with 15 minutes to go in the African Cup of Nations Final to draw 3-3 with a last minute equaliser before losing on penalties. In the World Cup with them we came from 3-1 down against Croatia with half an hour left to win 4-3 before beating Holland 4-1. It would have been more memorable had we beaten Argentina in the final.

I beat Chelsea on away goals in the CL quarterfinal......I don't remember a lot of the details, I was Juve and I needed to win the league, so I wasn't too focused on the CL, but nevertheless, I was gutted when they scored late in the second half....only for my regen ST to score with 30 sec left in stoppage time....I screamed "ERIC CAMUS"......we ended up winning the CL on penalties, but I still got the axe, as I didn't win the league.

On a side note, I really hope that gets changed.....as in the two seasons, I got 2nd place and 4th place respectively....with a CL trophy....In real life, I doubt I would've been fired....hopefully the board will be more understanding

2011 CL semifinal, i'm RM versus inter.

1-1 away from home first leg, im all "yes good result"

50 seconds into the second leg they score, im all "ohhhh............"

second before half time bodmer scores, im all "yessssss"

we go into extra time

half time in extra time

106th minute, a real madrid player (rence van der wal, backup) slots home a rebound, 2-1!!!!!!!! im all yes, were gonna win it!!!!

110th minute, Zlatan breaks in shoots and scores (wow I hate him ;)), and since i JUST went ahead, i brought on some defending players, i'm all ohhh crap.

I go 2-3-2-3 (2 CB's, 3 CM's, 2 wingers and three strikers) and go for it, I'm down on away goals. 120th minute, rafinha cross, Van Der Wal gets it, spins away from Burdisso and shoots.......

GOAAALLLLLLLL

OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGM

Yep especially When they get Frey to save all your shots and aguero to score all their shots!

Well, I have Aguero, so no worries there. It's Adebayor and Bendtner and Vela and van Persie and Guardado who scare me. It's like they've been threatened with death if they score less than 25 a season each! In fact, Adebayor is capable of 30 goals a match! Or so it sometimes feels like.

I just went through a bit of a sticky spell with Atletico Madrid there, drawing four games in a row.

Our next match was the Spanish Cup semi-final 1st leg against R. Madrid and before that I released a comment about my keeper saying his recent performances were below-par.

He agreed with me and set out to prove a point.

I've no idea how many point-blank shots he saved but we won 2-0 and he was man of the match.

I'm sure there have been better matches but that one's fresh in the memory.

Just drew 4-4 with Swindon (the team I support IRL) after being 3-0 and 4-1 up with Port Vale. Admittedly I was away, but still I wasn't happy! Their centre forward had a mind-blowing second half, bagging a hat-trick and making my star centre back and captain look a fool! At 4-4, there were still 15 minutes left to play and I was convinced I was going to lose. Had I lost, I probably wouldn't have a working laptop to post the sorry tale......

i was struggeling with my first season at birmingham and only a 2 points out of the relegation zone and my form being crap i was winning 3-1 at arsenal. arsenal scored in the 90th minute, 92 minutes and the 94-6 minute. I was devastated.

Every time I play Arsenal it seems I almost have a heart attack. This is mainly down to the fact that half their team is capable of 30 goals a season.

:D

I usually have the same problem against Liverpool for some reason:( If I take out their attack, their midfield scores - if I take out the midfield, Riise scores from a FK or some DC from a header:mad:

Just drew 4-4 with Swindon (the team I support IRL) after being 3-0 and 4-1 up with Port Vale. Admittedly I was away, but still I wasn't happy! Their centre forward had a mind-blowing second half, bagging a hat-trick and making my star centre back and captain look a fool! At 4-4, there were still 15 minutes left to play and I was convinced I was going to lose. Had I lost, I probably wouldn't have a working laptop to post the sorry tale......

:D Id never trash my laptop, but Id probably break a pen or two....

Im not violent enough I guess:(

Just played one.

I'm playing LLM so this isn't one of those CL finals but still...

I managed to get my team from 4th do 2nd league and looking good. In Cup 3rd round i was playing a match against a 3rd leauge club, away. At the end of the first half i had the 0:3 lead. Then they scored 3 goals and at FT it was 3:3. In first half in extra time I scored and had a lead on half time in extra time. Then they scored 2 goals and won the match.

I hate FM.

Just played one.

I'm playing LLM so this isn't one of those CL finals but still...

I managed to get my team from 4th do 2nd league and looking good. In Cup 3rd round i was playing a match against a 3rd leauge club, away. At the end of the first half i had the 0:3 lead. Then they scored 3 goals and at FT it was 3:3. In first half in extra time I scored and had a lead on half time in extra time. Then they scored 2 goals and won the match.

I hate FM.

Hope you had some shoes available for the post-match team-talk:D

Everton 4 Birmingham 5. Went 4-3 up bout 5 mins to go and "Oh no" they equalised, i couldnt believe it but a 4 all draw was fun but then 8 minutes into injury time (after he indicated 3) BANG 5-4 i couldnt beleive it

We just love injurytime dont we? :(

This one

After taking about 20 years to get a NI team to the CL final, I blew it after being 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go.

You froze in your early victory dance I guess:D Seriously though, it sucks big time when you finally have one hand on the trophy...

My players just wants me to drop dead during a match I guess. The equalizer? Yes you guessed it. I was up on a corner, corner cleared, all out attack down the flank, one cross inside the box and there it was:( I have never shouted that mutch at anything before, my dog ran into the bathroom hiding, poor thing..

my most thirrling was in a database put the club i used top play for Kelso Utd in the SPL over Gretna. Gave them youngsters and beat Celtic 4-3 at home. Was a poanic where 4- and Celtic went 4-2-4 scored with 10 mins to go. Piling on the pressure but my young stern team held on.

Heart was racing like a cheetah.

Made it sweeter as im \a Rangers man

i would have to say it was on a previous FM08 save, i was arsenal in 2009 in the champions league quater final against inter, and i needed a goal to level the tie after falling behind, and i was knocking at the door all game, went so close so often, i thought it just wasnt my day, then of all people Gael Clichy up from left back drills a shot somehow past the keeper in the 3rd minute of stoppage time, i went on to win on penalties

Archived