Unemployed Challenge - could you do it?

10dfuwp.jpg

The Unemployment Challenge - Could you do it?

The Story behind YOU:

You were a professional football player; living the dream at the best club in England - Leeds when all of a sudden while doing a light jog before a game, you hear a tear in your ligaments. Immediatly you call a physio over and he tells you its a slight tear and you will be out for 2 months; no problem, you will be back in no time. Or will you?

As Leeds' star player they rush you back after a month and during a match against Barnet, you feel a tear again but this time it is bigger and this time it is career threatening, After 1 year on the side-line and therefore, you decide to RETIRE.

However, your manager at the time says you would make a good Manager yourself. you ponder this for a bit and Decide to inroll in the LMA College in London.

After a grueling 2 years in the College, you pass with flying colours and now to go into management.

1 Problem; you have no job

Now, this is where you start.

Your Job is to find a job and eventually rise so you manage one of the best clubs in England; these are:

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Manchester United

OR any other club in European Cup at the time.

Rules:

- No using Sugar Daddy or any other Unlockable.

- You can use the update by Crickie & Ridley

- To start you must load up and Select the bottom BSP club then as soon as it is loaded you must not do anything but, Resign.

- You Must post regular updates on your Career, espiecally when you get a job/leave one.

Participants: | Team

Dec9693

ComeontheArsenal | Barnet

Ridley99

St Dazzle

Koppol | Grimbsy

PJBluenose4ever

Lukaboi

Enjoy!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im in!! Will start it now as im meant to be doing work. :D

Started game as hilton and resigned as instructed. Applied then for three jobs. Grimbsy the offered me the position of manager. I accepted and am now about to start my carrer

Right then, sorry for the double post but i've just got the Barnet job.

The Grimsby one got offered to me, but seen as Koppol already got that one i declined.

My expectations are to achieve a respectable position this season and i've got 12K to spend.

Not much really, oh and i'm 3K over wage budget, someone's on 10K a week!!!

He's gone.

I'll update more soon.

Right then, sorry for the double post but i've just got the Barnet job.

The Grimsby one got offered to me, but seen as Koppol already got that one i declined.

My expectations are to achieve a respectable position this season and i've got 12K to spend.

Not much really, oh and i'm 3K over wage budget, someone's on 10K a week!!!

He's gone.

I'll update more soon.

Was it Nicky Deverdics because if it was he turns out to be amazing.

Yeah it is,

He's worth 275K already, that money could be very helpful.

What do you reckon?

Is it worth keeping him and getting rid of some others?

EDIT: I've got to sell him really, everyone else is on between 500 and 1.8K a week. I don't intend to be here too long though, hopefully only a season!

Yeah it is,

He's worth 275K already, that money could be very helpful.

What do you reckon?

Is it worth keeping him and getting rid of some others?

Keep him for now and see how he develops and if he doesnt get much better sell him. The only problem is his contracts up at end of first season so you will not have enough budget to keep him.

trust me deverdics is worth keeping, ive benn going on about him for a while but his stats turn out to be amazing

Yeah hes great but the only thing is when you sign him you usually are manchester united so you have a big budget and cota only has a small budget so it would probably be best to cash in

Yeah he's on 10K a week!!

My total budget is 17K, it's probably in the best interests of the club that he goes, Middlesbrough are interested so i'll try and squeeze as much out of them as possible!

Anyway, i've played 3 friendlies and 1 league match.

Also i've signed a few frees.

Players In:

Marlon Beresford (GK) - Free

Matthew Pike (CB) - Free

Josh Dutton-Black (AMRL) - Free

Players Out:

Phillip Carpenter (GK) - Released

Cliff Akurang (SC) - 12K

Results:

Mixed results in the friendlies,

Barnet 2 - 2 Burton

Barnet 4 - 1 Crawley

Stevenage 3 - 0 Barnet

A good, and exciting start in the league though.

Barnet 5 - 2 Wycombe

Just about to play Plymouth in the league cup so i'm probably out of that :D

The Team:

----------------------Beresford----------------------

----Hendon-------Gillet--------Yakubu------Pike------

---St Aimee------Leary------Bishop-----Dutton-Black--

--------------Seania--------------Birchall-------------

SUBS: Devera, Porter, Carew, O'Flynn, Medley

Right, so i'm half way through the season and going well, i did get knocked out of the League Cup by Plymouth 3 - 2, i sold Deverdics and made one more signing before the end of the window, and it was a quality one, well, for Barnet anyway.

Danny Murphy, not the midfielder, the CB from Cork, he's now captain and stats wise is easily my best defender, he cost 70K.

Also, i'm into the third round of the F.A cup against Sheffield Wed, and the JPT Semi final against Bristol Rovers.

I'm top of League 2 as well, i'll do the top 5 of the table.

------------------P----W----D----L----F----A----Gd----Pts--

1.Barnet----------23----16----6----1---77---45---32-----54--

2.Gillingham-------22----16----3----3---52---19---33-----51--

3.Shrewsbury-----23----11----9----3---36---25---11-----42--

--------------------------------------------------------------

4.Chesterfield-----22----12----5----5---44---26---18-----41--

5.Wycombe-------22----10----7----5---38---21---17-----37--

Oh and Adam Birchall has been banging in the goals for me, he's scored 33 goals in 29 matches, as well as 11 assists.

That's it for now i'll put an end of season update up tomorrow.

:thup:

Right, so i'm half way through the season and going well, i did get knocked out of the League Cup by Plymouth 3 - 2, i sold Deverdics and made one more signing before the end of the window, and it was a quality one, well, for Barnet anyway.

Danny Murphy, not the midfielder, the CB from Cork, he's now captain and stats wise is easily my best defender, he cost 70K.

Also, i'm into the third round of the F.A cup against Sheffield Wed, and the JPT Semi final against Bristol Rovers.

I'm top of League 2 as well, i'll do the top 5 of the table.

------------------P----W----D----L----F----A----Gd----Pts--

1.Barnet----------23----16----6----1---77---45---32-----54--

2.Gillingham-------22----16----3----3---52---19---33-----51--

3.Shrewsbury-----23----11----9----3---36---25---11-----42--

--------------------------------------------------------------

4.Chesterfield-----22----12----5----5---44---26---18-----41--

5.Wycombe-------22----10----7----5---38---21---17-----37--

Oh and Adam Birchall has been banging in the goals for me, he's scored 33 goals in 29 matches, as well as 11 assists.

That's it for now i'll put an end of season update up tomorrow.

good start so far. Well done and keep it up :thup:

Hi I'm decided to try this challenge, but I'm using Crickie's update, and I choose Kettering resigned, and got offered the Woking job, and so far I've played 4 games, 2 wins 2 defeats, got a big squad for a conference team 4 goalkeepers and 6 strikers, so hopefully a few sales to bring in a defender.

Right, i've completed my first season in charge of Barnet, it's been very succesful aswell.

I won League 2 and the JPT, beating Leeds in the final on pens (It was Rui Marques who blazed one over the bar LSD!).

I did go out of the F.A Cup against Sheffield Wed, only after a replay at their ground though!

In the end, John O'Flynn partnered Adam Birchall up front, who scored an obscene amount of goals, 59 goals in 58 games as well as 21 assists, and we've generally smashed League 2.

I'll do the top 5 of the table and scoring charts( i wonder who's top?:D), as well as awards and the main trophy winners.

League 2:

-----------------P----W----D----L----F----A----Gd----Pts--

1.Barnet---------46----32---9----5---148---80---68----105--

2.Gillingham------46----26---13---9----82---38---44-----91--

3.Chesterfield----46----25---12---9----88---52---36-----87--

-------------------------------------------------------------

4.Bradford-------46----23----16---7---79---45----34----85--

5.Shrewsbury----46----22----15---9---71---48----23----81--

Top Scorers:

-----Name------------Team-----------Goals---

1.Adam Birchall--------Barnet------------47-----

2.John O'Flynn---------Barnet------------23----

3.Michael Boulding-----Bradford-----------17----

4.Jamie Ward--------Chesterfield---------17-----

5.David Graham--------Lincoln------------16-----

Awards:

Manager of the Year: Alex Kent

Runner Up: Mark Stimson

Player of the Year: Adam Birchall

Runner Up: John O'Flynn

Young Player of the Year: Kieran St Aimee

Runner Up: Scott Wiseman

Trophy Winners:

Champions League: Benfica

Uefa Cup: AZ Alkmaar

Euro. Super Cup: A.C Milan

Premier League: Chelsea

Championship: Q.P.R

League 1: Leicester

League 2: Barnet

BSP: Wrexham

F.A Cup: Q.P.R

League Cup: Man Utd

Community Shield: Man Utd

JPT: Barnet

So there you go, a very succesful season and i hope i can carry it on, if a better job comes up i'll go for it.

Hopefully my wage and transfer budget will increase for the new season, seen as how i won the league and a cup!

I'll post the beginning of the season soon, as well as transfers and my team for the year.

well done COTA,

I got the Barnet job as well but turned it down so i didnt have the same as you so went with Oxford instead. If you can afford it go for their striker called Jamie Guy, hes been banging them in for me up to now

Cheers mate,

I had the same thing with the Grimsby job, unfortunately i can't afford Jamie Guy, there's a few regens appeared on the cheap so i'll go for them i think.

Adam Birchall was on fire last season so hopefully he can do the same in League 1.

I went for the Wigan job, and lost out to Paul Jewell :D, went for the Derby job, and lost out to Dario Gradi.

Then annoyingly, but i should have expected it, lost out on the Crewe job to Graham Taylor from Rotheram of the BSP, he's not even in the top 100 and i'm 4th!

Typical of the points system on this game!

Ok, my transfer budget for the season is 350K, with a boosted wage budget of 21K.

I've signed a couple of promising youngsters, and got rid of a couple.

My transfer dealings are,

Players In:

James Hart (CB) - Sheffiel Wed. - 80K

Liam Chapman (AMRC) - Tamworth - 45K

Frankie Knowles (FC) - Stoke - 95K

There 15, 16 and 15 respectively, all regens so they should be decent, Hart and Chapman are straight in!

Players Out:

Luke Medley(FC) - Dag & Red - 9K

James Cole(DC) - Released

Josh Dutton-Black (AMRL) - Brentford - 100K <- Not bad considering he was free, i've got Chapman anyway.

Results:

Good results in the friendlies, well apart from Birchall getting injured for a month. Still, i've got young Frankie Knowles to step in, he scored on his league debut as well.

Notts Forest 1 - 4 Barnet

Barnet 1 - 1 Cheltenham

Barnet 2 - 2 Stoke

Talking about the league, i've started with a bang, four wins out of four, they certainly know Barnet have arrived!

Barnet 5 - 0 Swindon <--- O'Flynn grabbed a hat-trick, Knowles got his first aswell.

Brentford 2 - 4 Barnet

Barnet 2 - 1 Tranmere

Crewe 1 - 3 Barnet <-----That's what they get for not hiring me :D

Also i'm out of the League cup in the first round again, a 5 - 4 thriller against Watford at Vicarage Road!

Still, it means less matches to play, i wouldn't have won it anyway and you don't get money for each round you get to like on the Pc, they should put that in really, it's good if your a small club.

Finally, the team,

-----------------------Beresford-----------------------

------Pike------Murphy--------Yakubu-------Hart------

---St Aimee-----Gooding------Bishop------Chapman----

-------------O'Flynn--------------Birchall--------------

SUBS: Gillet, Nicolau, Leary, Carew, Knowles

Anyway i'll do a mid season update asap, possibly before i go out tonight.

I'm still going brilliantly all things considered, after that great start things kind of levelled themselves out a bit, i lost 2 and drew 2, hitting a bit of a slump, which put me in 7th.

However, since then my teams fired us back up to 1st!, thanks in part to wins against my close rivals, Carlisle and Tranmere.

I'm also going well in the JPT again, i'm through to the semi's.

On the goal front Birchall isn't at the heights of last season, but it he's still going well, considering he missed the opening month when we won 4 in a row. He's managed a respectable 18 goals in 23 games as well as 12 assists, it is another league up after all.

O'Flynn has been enjoying his place in the first team and has really come into his own, notching up 24 goals in 28 games and 7 assists, and the new youngsters have settled in well.

The table top 5, is as follow's.

----------------P----W----D----L----F----A----Gd----Pts--

1.Barnet--------23----13---7----3----66---43---23----46---

2.Swansea------23----12---8----3----38---19---19----44---

------------------------------------------------------------

3.Millwall--------23----12---6----5----43---22---21----42---

4.Tranmere------23----12---6----5----41---26---15----42--

5.Carlisle--------23----11---5----7----40---32----8-----38--

Fingers crossed i can keep it up, winning League 1 would be huge!

However i'd be satisfied with a spot in the play-offs tbh, i'll post my end of season report tomorrow hopefully.

Archived