Instant Richness???

I've never had it happen to me, and to be honest, I wouldn't want it to. I'd much rather have a fairly limited budget and have to think who to buy, rather than just throw money at players. Honestly, I enjoy the times when you have to choose between, e.g., two talented youngsters, and you're praying your scouts have recommended the right one to you. It seems more realistic, really. After all, how many managers have admitted they turned down a future superstar in favour of a player who ended up doing nothing useful? I like that risk. I don't want to corner the world market in wonderkids, and I don't want a board who expect me to do so. [/rant]

This type of thing is happening irl so hopefully we can expect a bit more of it in fm09,,ive never had it in fm08, just a board member doing a takeover that didnt give any money.

Well, there're a lot of takeovers but apart from Chelsea (and probably Man City) there hasn't been huge money pumped in to clubs. Just ask fans of Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle...

Re: Instant Richness???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolestrock

This type of thing is happening irl so hopefully we can expect a bit more of it in fm09,,ive never had it in fm08, just a board member doing a takeover that didnt give any money.

Well, there're a lot of takeovers but apart from Chelsea (and probably Man City) there hasn't been huge money pumped in to clubs. Just ask fans of Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Villa? im a Villa fan, and our Chairman is an example to all Chairmans across the world, he has never gave 1 interview, never getting involved, Has already spent Around £90 Million on transfers in just over 2 years at our club?..He's a fantastic Chairman.

I am not sure I agree with that.

Chelsea and man City are obviously in a different league when it comes to financial backing. But, the chairman that have come into Villa, Liverpool and Newcastle have all spent heavily and on a larger scale than would have been spent if they had not have bought the club.

In most cases, when a top flight club gets taken over (probably not so much in the lower leagues) the new owners will splash the cash. So to have this represented in the game would not be a bad thing.

Archived