Funniest Bug.

It's well know that each time FM is released it comes riddled with bugs (which are normally fixed with the 0.2 patch ;)).

But forgetting about the annoyance it causes, which bugs from this or previous FM's made you smile?

I remember on FM05 one kept happening to me with Liverpool:

Steven Gerrard (or whoever) would be booked for dissent, get annoyed with the ref and shout at him then immediately get his second yellow and off he went...

"Gerrard is furious with the referee!"

"That'll be a yellow card for Gerrard."

"He could be in trouble... Second yellow of the game for Gerrard, it's an early bath!"

Class. :D

I also found the famous FM08 "Ghost team" bug hilarious.

A team simply fail to turn up (literally) but the match goes ahead anyway.

The embarrassing thing for the team that did turn up is that in a full 90 mins play (plus stoppages?) they could only score 50 goals into an empty net.

I wonder how they kicked off after the first goal? And what if the "Ghosts" won the toss to kick off in the first place?

The mind boggles. :D

It's well know that each time FM is released it comes riddled with bugs (which are normally fixed with the 0.2 patch ;)).

But forgetting about the annoyance it causes, which bugs from this or previous FM's made you smile?

Steven Gerrard (or whoever) would be booked for dissent, get annoyed with the ref and shout at him then immediately get his second yellow and off he went...

"He could be in trouble... Second yellow of the game for Gerrard, it's an early bath!"

The embarrassing thing for the team that did turn up is that in a full 90 mins play (plus stoppages?) they could only score 50 goals into an empty net.

I wonder how they kicked off after the first goal? And what if the "Ghosts" won the toss to kick off in the first place?

Now that is funny, :D

It's well know that each time FM is released it comes riddled with bugs (which are normally fixed with the 0.2 patch ).

Software released with bugs is not unique to Football Manager releases. There is no such thing as a bug free piece of software. It's just that some of FM's are more noticable.

Software released with bugs is not unique to Football Manager releases. There is no such thing as a bug free piece of software. It's just that some of FM's are more noticable.

Of course, very true and it's really no dig on the programmer. I think the OP was asking for funny bugs that resulted from previous software versions.

With regards to the ghost team, and I swear to god this is true (will attempt to find the thread when I get home) - A guy on here played the ghost team and CONCEDED. Oh yea, thats right. It was an OG, but still. :D

With regards to the ghost team, and I swear to god this is true (will attempt to find the thread when I get home) - A guy on here played the ghost team and CONCEDED. Oh yea, thats right. It was an OG, but still.

No, this can't be true :D This is simply hilarious. I imagine sitting in the crowd (even imagining a crowd to that kind of match is hilarious too) and watching a team to be stupid enough to score own goals against no opposition :D

The thing that crosses my mind is less a bug than a flaw. In FM08 apparently all German teams have set a 532sweeper tactic set as default and the opening message from the assman about my team (HSV) singled out van der Vaart as the weakest link, getting just one star on the SW (!) position. Needless to say I sacked my assman right away :D

Also, I work for a club and when playing it once and reading the first "Personal Message from (Chairman)" I thought, okay what does he want, before realizing it was actually just a FM news item and not actually him who wanted something :D

Of course, very true and it's really no dig on the programmer. I think the OP was asking for funny bugs that resulted from previous software versions.

True.

there was no dig aimed at SI - I just wanted some examples of bugs from FM08 or previous versions that were worth a chuckle. :D

Also forgot about the text errors that sometimes pop up.

'Newcastle have sacked Joe Kinnear today. The favourite to replace him is Kevin Keegan.

Other names that have been linked with the job are Kevin Keegan, Kevin Keegan and Kevin Keegan'

Also forgot about the text errors that sometimes pop up.

'Newcastle have sacked Joe Kinnear today. The favourite to replace him is Kevin Keegan.

Other names that have been linked with the job are Kevin Keegan, Kevin Keegan and Kevin Keegan'

This one is also a bit odd, when you read it properly:

(Not really a "bug" per se, but it's funny)

responsety6.jpg

Apparently, I've responded by saying I'm not going to respond. :D

I have been the ghost team a couple of times, one of those times being a match in the Champions League knock-out stage. For some reason, the game would not let me select any players and since I had saved upto that point, I had no choice but to carry on with that score of 50-0 loss or something.

I hate those players who sign a contract knowing they will be "Reserve", and then they complain because they want to play "Regular".

Definitely not a funny bug....belongs in the bugs that make you reload a save from 3 months prior thread....

Funniest bug is definitely the ghost teams, though a close second goes to the bug where England wins the WC.

If you read it properly, you say you're not going to respond to Koeman's comments, and you haven't.

You have responded to Mestalla's (not Koeman's) comments by underlining the stance made in the first line.

Makes perfect sense.

If you read it properly, you say you're not going to respond to Koeman's comments, and you haven't.

You have responded to Mestalla's (not Koeman's) comments by underlining the stance made in the first line.

Makes perfect sense.

Trust a Mod to take the wind out of my sails. :(

I like it when an opposition manager calls you out, you make a comment back and he replies he has better things to do than make comments.

I like it when an opposition manager calls you out, you make a comment back and he replies he has better things to do than make comments.

I have that one a lot.

I think it's your rivals' way of using reverse psychology or something.

Winds me up. :D

In FM05 (the unpatched version) clubs from Belarus (and some other countries as well) would get regens from all over the world and rarely from their own country. I loved that!

And sometimes teams would forget to put a player in a certain position, so they just started the match with 10 men. And sometimes they actually substituted the "empty spot" and brought a player on instead :D

Archived