Weather in FM08

Don't know if this topic has been discussed many times before, but I'm new here, so I hope you can forgive me.

At the moment I'm playing with Cisco Roma, and have noticed some rather odd weather conditions during my home matches. The most extreem must be snow and iirc -3 degrees celcius in the beginning of April - in Rome! The hole season from late Novemeber till April I sometimes notice snow and temperatures below 0. And the next game it's sunny and 20+ degrees.

When playing in England I also recall a little too snowy and cold winters (more then here in Norway:)), but it's a bit more extreme in Italy. Is this a common problem, or is my game just ****ed?

I was wondering, if the weather conditions play such a big part in the game then should we not have the option of manipulating it? You could tell the groundsman to let the grass grow to stop the opposition playing a passing game and water the pitch before a game to make it zip a bit or to leave surface water to hold the ball up.

I was wondering, if the weather conditions play such a big part in the game then should we not have the option of manipulating it? You could tell the groundsman to let the grass grow to stop the opposition playing a passing game and water the pitch before a game to make it zip a bit or to leave surface water to hold the ball up.

I would have way too much fun with those type of options

A bit of the problem for me, other then it being unrealistic, is that I tend to play kind of possesion football that really don't benefit from bad playing condiotions at all. And changing to the typical norwegian direct style is not an option!

Unrealistic? There was a club in the lower leagues a couple of years ago who deliberately grew the grass long in the corners to prevent wingers from getting a decent cross in. Plus, IRL, every club waters the grass to some extent before the game and again at half-time. It doesn't help the condition of the pitch, it just gets more cut up, and it's sure not because they have too much water. How is it unrealistic?

All I was saying was that teams do try to recreate certain weather conditions regarding water on the pitch and if it makes a real difference to the way the game is played on FM then surely we should be able to take advantage of it.

How is it unrealistic?

Sorry, I meant the cold and snowy Italian winters, not your suggestion. My last match against Spezia away, March 12th, and it was snow on the pitch again

All I was saying was that teams do try to recreate certain weather conditions regarding water on the pitch and if it makes a real difference to the way the game is played on FM then surely we should be able to take advantage of it.

To have the option to water the pitch before match would have been a good feature, and i propably would have made a lot use of it. But to allow you to make the groundkeeper let the grass grow long etc. is in my opinion a bit too much.

No offence to any SI guys or anyone, but weather in FM 08 is totally absurd. I seen 9 degrees in september in istanbul when in reality it will never ever happen. I mostly only play premiership though, and it is also absurd how many close to 0 degrees games there are not to mention the snow. It really needs some fixing.

I just saw arsenal play a CL semi final at home and there was snow on the pitch and the good old orange ball was out. That was interesting for a match at the end of April!

If we can select the pitch size then maybe we should be able to select what type of playing surface we would like as well.

Obviously, those clubs with enough money and the ebst facilities could better maintain your requirements, compare to lower league teams who just have one fat bloke walking around with a fork! So the playing surface could deteriorate according to your resources etc.

Maybe end up with the Stamford Bridge beach effect if you were unlucky enough!

Archived