Manager contracts idea

This is a major under-rated part of the game, with the ever changing face and roles of a manager , the chairman could add in things such as , only take charge of the first team affairs leave transfers to someones (ala Newcastle) then you could haggle and negotiate to take charge of transfers?

The Newcastle senario isn't something that normally happens in the British game so I wouldn't be in favour of it if I were managing a British club but since it's quite common in places like Spain I think that perhaps a way should be found to implement this in the game if you are managing a team like Barcelona. However, I think that this might be a difficult thing to simulate.

How about when you are offered a job you can negotiate the targets that the club sets, not just the seasonal expectations. I took a job with Spurs and it went horribly wrong because they were expecting to go from bottom-half to champions in 3 years. I didn't realise this before I accepted so it ruined things a little.

If you could discuss the aims of the club and the approximate budgets with the chairman before you signed then everything would run a little smoother in that department.

While I'm on the idea of contracts, you should be able to negotiate a contract with a player when you take him on loan if you include the option to buy. This has been done with a few players lately (Zayatte, Villanueva).

I posted an idea on here about 3 FM's ago, probably when contracts were really implemented into the game.

I would like if you were an out of work manager that clubs offer you 6 month contracts to say keep the team up, or steady the ship etc. This would work similar to say Terry Venables at Middlesbrough - if you have a high reputation and a team with a similar reputation is struggling you could then go in and steady the ship. You have no guarantee of a job at the end of the season but your reputation could be further boosted/damaged depending on how well you do.

Archived