Average age of people (gamers) playing FM.

What is your age? (In case you are playing FM)  

1,065 members have voted

1. 1. What is your age? (In case you are playing FM)

I want to dedicate this thread to my girlfriend, as she is still questioning my age...

What is the age of you mates, who are playing Football Manager?

I am 28 and I see FM not as a game but as a simulation of what I will never reach in real life - football management.

My girlfriend is still questioning me, if I am a kid when I am playing FM.

I can not see any problems with it and in my honest opinion, there are a lot of people playing FM who have various jobs from line or senior managers, thorugh workers to students or unemployed in real world.

***NOTE: As I do not know how to edit poll questions, if you are on the edge of cathegory (age 25; 15-25 or 25-35), please vote for higher cathegory. My appologies***

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 35. My wife has got past the stage of trying to convince me not to play it. I've been playing it since CM93 and still get as much enjoyment now as I did back in my student days.

PS the poll needs tweaking. As I'm 35 I come into 2 of the age ranges which cannot be right.

I'm 35. My wife has got past the stage of trying to convince me not to play it. I've been playing it since CM93 and still get as much enjoyment now as I did back in my student days.

PS the poll needs tweaking. As I'm 35 I come into 2 of the age ranges which cannot be right.

I have been playing FM from CM93 too and still can see it as very fun and enjoyable :)

It should have an edit option beside your original post, I don't know if that's only for the post or it includes the thread, give it a go anyway.

It only enables me to change my post, not poll questions, never mind, I have updated my first post with note.

Thanks for remarks.

I was under the impression that you can't edit polls.

I'm 23, by the way. Seems to put me in the majority age-range thus far.

Yes, this category seems to be strongest one so far, because this is mostly "all kind of students" category and they have allways a lot of free time.

When I was a student, I used to play FM half of the day normally :) where are those times :(

I can claim, that this game learnt me the basics of decision making process.

I am 27 and have been playing since day one of CM. I always find it amusing when Football Manager gets slated by almost every chick out there. No one understands lol it is not just "little balls moving about the screen". Don't think there is not another half that does not hate the game lol.

Yes, this category seems to be strongest one so far, because this is mostly "all kind of students" category and they have allways a lot of free time.

When I was a student, I used to play FM half of the day normally :) where are those times :(

I can claim, that this game learnt me the basics of decision making process.

To be honest, I probably play the game more now than when I was a student. My social life is quieter now than it was back then.

My Missus dosn't complaine at All :-)

She's 28 and See Plays Football Manager too, What a Women ! (Apart from when she steals my best tactic, tweaks it and beats me 3 - 0 away) !!! Share Room for Her on those days !!!!

That is great :) I wish you many happy years and a lot of fun while playing (not only) FM.

29. Been playing since 97/98. Fell in love with the game straight away. It was fun playing with my ex-girlfriend, apart from the fact that she would beat me everytime.

My current girlfriend just keeps on asking me if it's fun to watch 22 blobs going back and forth on my screen. She just doesn't understand :p

69 in December and consider FM the most popular of my hobbies in my retirement years.

now that's something I am looking forward to, when I can retire in about 30 years ;)

By then the game will probably be so complex, that it is more work than a full time job. Hope my kids will supply me with food 3 times a day.

69 in December and consider FM the most popular of my hobbies in my retirement years.

You have my full respect :)

I am looking forward to my retirement after another 33 or 34 years of working...

...and I will play FM 2041 or 2042 :) I promise.

Do not allow FM to ruine your studies :)

I'm presuming that's a typo, and you meant to say "Don't allow your studies to ruin FM"? ;)

like what other people said the 15/25 25/35 isn't really smart :p can't u edit that?

Well,

***NOTE: As I do not know how to edit poll questions, if you are on the edge of cathegory (age 25; 15-25 or 25-35), please vote for higher cathegory. My appologies***

I was under the impression that you can't edit polls.

No, apparently not. As has been said. Giving your opinion before reading the thread isn't really smart :p

Sorry, but you did walk into that one.

46 next week here......

Been playing since CM3,have played CM4,FM2005 and FM2007.

Only play FM2005 now as 07 was just too frustrating and tactic complicated, and as I have an "old" pc that used to churn and slow down all the time.

Having said that, the reasoning and tactics discussed in the forums about FM08, work superbly on FM05

No, apparently not. As has been said. Giving your opinion before reading the thread isn't really smart :p

Sorry, but you did walk into that one.

Stop trying to be smart. He says he didn't know how to edit polls, not that he knows it's impossible to do. And even that was added later as an edit, after I had posted. I walked into nothing.

I meant Tweaks had walked into it, not you. I was quoting you to highlight that two people had answered his point

EDIT: That's why I said not reading the thread isn't smart, to take the mick out of Tweaks saying the border overlap wasn't smart.

The moral of the story here is that quoting several people and then not saying which one you're talking to, you've guessed it, isn't smart! :p

I meant Tweaks had walked into it, not you. I was quoting you to highlight that two people had answered his point

EDIT: That's why I said not reading the thread isn't smart, to take the mick out of Tweaks saying the border overlap wasn't smart.

The moral of the story here is that quoting several people and then not saying which one you're talking to, you've guessed it, isn't smart! :p

And in misunderstanding who you were talking about, I've proven that I am indeed not so smart. :p:D

the game needs to be promoted by the 55-60 cause it's still on 0% :p.

And im 21 :p and like what other people said the 15/25 25/35 isn't really smart :p can't u edit that?

If I know how, I will change it, but until that, please read the note in my original post.

Thanks.

Yes, you are right.

I think that it is impossible to change poll questions as standard forum user. There is no "edit poll" button when you are editing original post. May be mod or admin can change it...

Archived