Club History

I was looking through some of the club histories yesterday and have noticed that not all of the trophies won by some clubs are not there.

Why wasn't the Anglo-Italian cup win included in Blackpool's history, or the Watney cup in Colchester's.

It might mean nothing to some people, but just might to the teams supporters.

What Smithers08 said really - the competitions aren't in the database so aren't in the club's history.

Nothing to do with that. The old Third Divisions North and South are in the Datbase and can be put into the clubs history in the main game, so I don't see that as been an excuse.

Maybe because they are very low-key trophies?

Not to the clubs that won them. Blackpool even managed to make the final of the Anglo-Italian cup two years running. The Watney cup had its moments too, I remember Halifax beating Man Utd at the Shay, and Colchester more than deserved their victory in the final.

My guess is that the competitions that don;t exist anymore would have a really low reputation and therefore SI might not want to waste time searching through records of all insignificant competitions. It would be like putting that Amsterdam tournament or Mallorca Cup in teams history.

Not to the clubs that won them. Blackpool even managed to make the final of the Anglo-Italian cup two years running. The Watney cup had its moments too, I remember Halifax beating Man Utd at the Shay, and Colchester more than deserved their victory in the final.

I meant in general, yes they are very prestigious to the clubs who won them but maybe they are low-key and old?

When Swindon won the Anglo Italian Cup, after they took a three goal lead - and eleven minutes from the end, the match was abandoned when the Napoli supporters started to throw concrete blocks onto the pitch in disgust at their team's performance.

When Swindon won the Anglo Italian Cup, after they took a three goal lead - and eleven minutes from the end, the match was abandoned when the Napoli supporters started to throw concrete blocks onto the pitch in disgust at their team's performance.

You learn something new every day.

Where did they get the blocks from?

Archived