What Am I Doing Wrong?

This relates to the scouting system. In my first game the method i used was to devide all nations and regions between my scouts in the attempt of achieving a complete worldwide scouting system. This didn't work, over the space of 5 years i made absolutely no progress.

On my current game i've adapted a different approach, basically when one of my scouts finishes an assignment i go to the scouting page and see what region i have the least knowledge of and i assign him that region... In (again) 5 years there has been minimal improvement. I understand that it is meant to take time but it is rather annnoying me as other clubs seem to pick up great players while i struggle to do so...

On my current game i've adapted a different approach, basically when one of my scouts finishes an assignment i go to the scouting page and see what region i have the least knowledge of and i assign him that region... In (again) 5 years there has been minimal improvement. I understand that it is meant to take time but it is rather annnoying me as other clubs seem to pick up great players while i struggle to do so...

I did this in a game as Inter, trying to achieve 100% knowledge. As you say it had very little affect on my scouting knowledge and I seemed to be going round in cirlces, sending a scout to North America, then East Asia then North America again because he seems to have forgotten all about it after 2 months in East Asia.

Eventually I changed tactics and started searching for players/staff from countries I had the least knowledge of and signing them regardless of their ability. Needless to say I had long lost interest in that particular save but Inter's massive wage budget at the time certainly helped :D Although this was in about 2024/25 time which shouldn't make a difference but it might I guess :confused:

Tackle - if you're on a quest for 100% World Knowledge, you need to work the following:

Create a manager with two different nationalities, designed for maximum coverage (e.g., not England, something which gives you more nations worth of knowledge).

Hire scouts from as many different countries as you can, again, ideally "maximum coverage" nations.

Hire coaches from as many different countries as you can, same idea.

Hire an AM from .. well you get the picture. ;)

Then, patch up what you're missing with Feeder Clubs - remember that you get the knowledge of each of your feeder clubs.

Finally, only last, use sending scouts somewhere to patch up the few remaining places where you need knowledge, or to raise the partial-bar given to you by a coach or A.M. up to a full bar.

. . .

As you're finding, if you don't keep a scout active in a region, he loses the knowledge about it .. if you're just trying to get strong coverage while playing naturally, I recommend making "expert" scouts in specific regions. For example, if you have eight English scouts, you can still get expert knowledge about South America if you send an Englishman with high Adaptability to scout: Nation - Brazil, Nation - Argentina, Region - South America (then keep rotating between the three), while also scouting, say, Competition - Brazilian First Division.

He'll get up to 100% knowledge on Brazil and Argentina for sure, and should maintain 100% or close to it on the other S.A. countries.

Hope that helps - you can probably get more info in the Challenges forum, as I remember there was a challenge around trying to get 100% scouting coverage.

A good thing to note about scouting knowledge is that your scouts needs to have high adaptability(can adjust to new countries and cultures) and high determination(don't muck about but do your job efficiently).

Without these two a scout might take half a year scouting an unfamiliar region when a better scout would only take a month!

Scouts operate best in the region they have high knowledge of. So to achieve a good worldwide scouting base you want scouts of different nationalities from all over the world. Assign them to the region they are strong in and you should be successful

Archived