Feeder club preferences - what do they mean?

Having just requested a new feeder club, the Board have offered a preference choice. Does anybody know what the choices mean, i.e.

1. Any Type (self explanatory)

2. National Loan/First Option?

3. Work Permit?

4. International Loan/First Option?

Enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

Having just requested a new feeder club, the Board have offered a preference choice. Does anybody know what the choices mean, i.e.

1. Any Type (self explanatory)

2. National Loan/First Option?

3. Work Permit?

4. International Loan/First Option?

Enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

2. A club within your country that you can loan players too/have the first option of buying their players.

3. A club you can send players too for 3/4 seasons to earn a Work Permit.

4. Same as 2 except a foreign club.

Wow, that was quick, many thanks indeed TigerChris.

Ok, I understand 2 and 4 now but not 100% sure about 3. Two seasons ago I tried to sign 2 Jamaican players (was in BSP at time now in CC1) who agreed terms but could not get permits, would this have facilitated permits being arranged? If so how does that work, or would it not apply to those sort of issues?

Well you'd get the initial application rejected and I think you have to appeal. The transfer will go through but to play the player in anything other than friendlies you'll have to send them to a work permit feeder. For the transfer to go through you have to have a work permit feeder though. A club in say Belgium.

Many thanks roseboy, I kind of get the drift but don't see how, as in the Jamaican example, another EU country would facilitate the permits, especially as Jamaicans would likely have UK links/passports as opposed to say Belgian or other EU countries. But as you say, an appeal is necessary but it didn't get me anywhere at the time, and I ended up not being able to sign them. I think I might run a separate save to see if I can suss it out further, that is if the Board come up with some choices.

Many thanks roseboy, I kind of get the drift but don't see how, as in the Jamaican example, another EU country would facilitate the permits, especially as Jamaicans would likely have UK links/passports as opposed to say Belgian or other EU countries. But as you say, an appeal is necessary but it didn't get me anywhere at the time, and I ended up not being able to sign them. I think I might run a separate save to see if I can suss it out further, that is if the Board come up with some choices.

If you already have a feeder club in say belgium (where the work permit laws are different) when trying to sign your player from jamaica you will be told that the deal can go through, but you dont have a work permit. Therefore, the player comes to your club, but he cannot play in competitive matches ... i.e. he cannot 'work' for you.

Therefore, you say yes to the transfer, but you shoot him off to Belgium straight away for 4 seasons and he will eventually get an EU nationality and not require a work permit when he comes back to you club and lights up the league with his mad skills. If he stays in the UK, the nationality thing will take 5 years.

However, if you do not have this type of feeder club already, you will not get the option to sign him without a work permit. It will simply say that the transfer cannot go through.

first off > Belgium is 3 years not 4.

the "work permit" feeders are especially useful for signing up and coming stars, i find. not many of them fulfil the criteria for getting a work permit for the uk, but, should you have a w/p feeder club, you can still sign the players, and send them to this club on loan. much as man utd do with Antwerp. this enables them to play, and also to gain Belgian nationality. once they have this, they are then exempt from applying for a work permit, as they have nationality from a fellow EU member...

you might find this thread useful when deciding which "work permit" feeder club to accept...

Much obliged Kreman and rinso (and ta for link). All is now clear regards work permit clubs. Unfortunately, when I ran trial saves for International Loan/1st Option and Work Permit feeders, the Board, while 'appreciating the idea' and 'after extensive searching', could not come up with any suitable choices; but for National Loan/1st Choice I got Nuneaton Boro and Stevenage (at least better than my present feeder, Gosport - though no disrespect to Gosport fans). Ah, well, maybe I'll try again if we reach CCC or Prem.

Much obliged Kreman and rinso (and ta for link). All is now clear regards work permit clubs. Unfortunately, when I ran trial saves for International Loan/1st Option and Work Permit feeders, the Board, while 'appreciating the idea' and 'after extensive searching', could not come up with any suitable choices; but for National Loan/1st Choice I got Nuneaton Boro and Stevenage (at least better than my present feeder, Gosport - though no disrespect to Gosport fans). Ah, well, maybe I'll try again if we reach CCC or Prem.

in my experience, youre usually better off NOT specifying which type of club you want, unless you desperately want a w/p club. more often than not they come back saying they couldnt find anything...

in my experience, youre usually better off NOT specifying which type of club you want, unless you desperately want a w/p club. more often than not they come back saying they couldnt find anything...

I would second that. I've found that to be very true in the games I've played. Just ask for something and you'll probably get it; ask for something specific and you may well get the "couldn't find anything" answer.

I would second that. I've found that to be very true in the games I've played. Just ask for something and you'll probably get it; ask for something specific and you may well get the "couldn't find anything" answer.

I have found that in every save I have played you tends to get the types of feeder clubs in order ie you will get a local club first, then a regional, then national, then international, then finally you might get a commercial feeder which brings in extra revenue. Therefore even when you get the option to choose which type of feeder club you want if you do not have everyone before the type you want then you are extremely unlikely to get it.

I agree, its silly the way it is at the moment.

You are asked to give your preference, not a choice. If I suggested that I would prefer a work permit club but they can't find one or don't want one, they should come back to me saying that they looked and couldn't find an appropriate club but look, here's the other clubs that might be interested in linking up with our club.

It should always default to the 'general' option when the board can't find an appropriate specific type of club.

I agree, its silly the way it is at the moment.

You are asked to give your preference, not a choice. If I suggested that I would prefer a work permit club but they can't find one or don't want one, they should come back to me saying that they looked and couldn't find an appropriate club but look, here's the other clubs that might be interested in linking up with our club.

It should always default to the 'general' option when the board can't find an appropriate specific type of club.

Good point, neb, I agree with that.

Bit like Maidstone, really, although they do have one that I know of - but it ain't me

When in down visiting the relatives in Maidstone i do try go to matches although its not always possible. Seems about 12 went to the last match i was at...

Archived