What will you first do in FM09?

Apologies if there is a thread like this, I did search but couldn't find one.

Title says it all really, what is the first thing you will do in FM09?

Set up your tactics? Set up your training? Scout for the next Zidane?

I think I will try and find a quality assistant manager, with the improved feedback he could be key

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't tend to actually play a match for ages! i like to look around, see all the new screens, work out what each button does now, generally get a feel for the game. maybe have a look at the transfer area (what needs a major fixing, and hopefully is getting one), then play a friendly as Liverpool.

Then jump out of the game, boot up the editor and start fixing up the a-league! The CA/PAs of Australians (and often even positions) are sadly often incorrect IMO so I fix them, reboot the game and play as my Sydney FC!

First up, i'll probably start a game with Liverpool and get a feel for the features before i move on to a small Italian club.

i don't tend to actually play a match for ages! i like to look around, see all the new screens, work out what each button does now, generally get a feel for the game. maybe have a look at the transfer area (what needs a major fixing, and hopefully is getting one), then play a friendly as Liverpool.

Then jump out of the game, boot up the editor and start fixing up the a-league! The CA/PAs of Australians (and often even positions) are sadly often incorrect IMO so I fix them, reboot the game and play as my Sydney FC!

YAY i live in Sydney as support Liverpool as well! I agree the young Australians in the a-league tend to be inaccuratley rated but at least there's a kick ass keeper at Liverpool who's Aussie! I hope Bouzanis still has great potential on fm 09.

Without wanting to veer off topic and get into a discussion about the quality of the a-league, I've just had a look at Joel Griffiths, one of the if not the best player in the a-league. Personally I don't often look at PA so I wouldn't know what to expect from a good League 1 striker but I'm guessing PA 135 (which is that of Griffiths) would be a good League 1 striker who could also step it up and play in the Championship. I don't think that's too far off the mark really he's certainly no better than that.

open the box, take the disc, open DVD drive, install game

i will then load up the editor, create my team, replace lower prem team, save progress

then load up FM09 (woop and holler)

load leagues (belgium, brazil, argetina, spain, italy, englandx2)

then wait for game to laod, take over created club, and play

Open the box, install the game, apply facepacks, logos, kits etc then play!

Will the logos etc be available straight away (i.e. can you use the FM08 ones?)

I'd really like to get all the proper logos and kits installed before I fly out to Spain on the Monday, with laptop under my arm of course! :p

Apologies if there is a thread like this, I did search but couldn't find one.

Title says it all really, what is the first thing you will do in FM09?

Set up your tactics? Set up your training? Scout for the next Zidane?

I think I will try and find a quality assistant manager, with the improved feedback he could be key

1st thing I will do is load the editor, and edit Tom Hicks the fcuk out of Liverpool, and Gillet, if I can be bothered to add a new Chairman at the same time! Last time, I moved Hicks back to Dallas where he belonged - never heard from him again! :D

As usually:

1. Start as Aston Villa and York manager.

2. Look what is new.

3. Set up pre-season (staff, trainings, scouting, transfers, tactics etc...)

4. Try to reach CL with Villa and promotion with York.

5. ...

1. Uninstall FM08 and wipe a tear from my eye.

2. Get all pic packs, logos and kits put in that I have for the season (probably won't be many, mainly logos because they don't really change)

3. Create a new Man Utd game.

4. Muck about with my tactics and training.

5. Sell some fringe players, release rubbish coaches.

6. Buy new players and staff.

7. Kiss goodbye my girlfriend and life because FM09 is taking over!

I'll sit down and read through the manual first, always do that with new games.

Then I'll load up a game with all major European Leagues loaded, and take over Liverpool.

I'll then scour through loads of players to see which attributes have been improved or reduced.

Then I'll try all the new features and screens.

That sort of thing....

(And if Fernando Torres' finishing hasn't been massively improved to cohere with his real-life counterpart, I'll probably edit the DB)

I'll sit down and read through the manual first, always do that with new games.

Then I'll load up a game with all major European Leagues loaded, and take over Liverpool.

I'll then scour through loads of players to see which attributes have been improved or reduced.

Then I'll try all the new features and screens.

That sort of thing....

(And if Fernando Torres' finishing hasn't been massively improved to cohere with his real-life counterpart, I'll probably edit the DB)

so it isnt only me who reads manuals

I will do one of two things

a LLM save with Bromley and no experience or

Start Unemployed as a Pro Footballer

1st thing I will do is load the editor, and edit Tom Hicks the fcuk out of Liverpool, and Gillet, if I can be bothered to add a new Chairman at the same time! Last time, I moved Hicks back to Dallas where he belonged - never heard from him again! :D

my thoughts exactly!!! :thup::D

my thoughts exactly!!! :thup::D

Like it. Tempted to add him to Man Utd board just to watch him try to ruin them.

Good point wee aja. Torres needs to be high finishing. El Nino is a legend in the making.

sell jermaine pennant, and take liverpool back to where they belong.

(his armband proved he was a red torres, torres

you'll never walk alone it, torres, torres

we bought the lad from sunny spain

he gets the ball, he scores again

fernandooo torres, liverpools number 9)

Open the box, install the game, apply facepacks, logos, kits etc then play!

yep find all possible packs logos kits etc check daily for updates ha ha like last year then transfer them all to my spanking new pc when i save up the last £300 i need

Archived