Handball

Pretty much as backpackant says, however I have this strange feeling that handball is worded differently in the game, so it does happen, but you might not know it's happened because the game reports it differently. Am I right or have I made that up?

Problem is a lot of the things that are random, rare occurrences in real life happen a lot more frequently in FM, or at least seem that way as you are playing games and seasons at a much quicker rate. Hence this sort of thing would probably end up happening too often. You do see players sent off for hand-ball occasionally though, but never on the goal-line/preventing a strike on goal which is where a straight red for hand-ball generally occurs.

Well irl Steven Taylor has managed 2 red cards for deliberate handball in the last couple of years. Or at least I assume that the dismissals were for the offence and not the hilarious attempts to disguise it by feigning injury. Also, I seem to recall being at a game between Blackburn and Wolves in around 2001 where Kevin Muscat was sent off for handball on the line. I accept that it isn't a common thing though.

Keepers do get sent off for handball outside the area in the game. Personally I was furious the first time it happened because I only saw the 2D match coverage and didn't read the commentary, which left me rather confused.

How do you know it hasn't happened! I'd be annoyed if it happened to me once every 2 years! It might happen to the AI but you wouldn't check every individual match!

It should be rare like keeper getting sent off for a foul! It happened to me once in like 8 years! Might have happened in other games in that save though!

Archived