Season start/end in Irish 1st Division & League

I'm managing Chimney Corner in the N. Irish 2nd Division. icon_smile.gif I'm almost half way done with the first season. There was a job opening in the Irish 1st Division, but when I looked at the League table and fixtures it showed that the season had already ended 18.11.2007 (it started 10.3.2007). The Irish League had similar start and end dates.

Does the football season really start in March in Ireland?

I'm managing Chimney Corner in the N. Irish 2nd Division. icon_smile.gif I'm almost half way done with the first season. There was a job opening in the Irish 1st Division, but when I looked at the League table and fixtures it showed that the season had already ended 18.11.2007 (it started 10.3.2007). The Irish League had similar start and end dates.

Does the football season really start in March in Ireland?

Wikipedia:-

"Until recently the league followed the pattern of the other leagues in the western Europe of starting their league campaigns towards the end of Summer and playing through the Winter until late Spring and playing no league games during the height of Summer. Citing a need to improve the European results and to a lesser extent the more favourable climate, the league switched to playing Summer football."

Hopefully not. I've tried managing in Ireland and it's horrible. If you play well in the first half of the season, every other league in Europe heads for their close season and raids your squad, you then need try and make a team made up of new faces gel halfway through the season.

Keep Scotland as is thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LSS:

So SI got it wrong? Or will it change for season 08/09 in the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, don't mind that. Read ferginator's post the wrong way around.

Archived