Longest unbeaten run

Apologies if this thread already exists, i was just wondering what everybody's longest unbeaten run is. I have just had my longest ever run of 62 games unbeaten ended by a poor HKFC side. It's usually the way though isn't it, some p*ss poor team who has 2 shots on goal compared to your 20 and ends beating you 2-1!........Well, it was for me!

Defeat.jpg

I think I went 50 or so games unbeaten with Barca in 2018/19, but the team was insanely brilliant and it was really boring. My best at FC Bayern was 30ish. The record that has eluded my grasp since I started FM08 is "wins in a row", FC Bayern's record is 15 (in all competitions, not jsut league), every time I get to 14 my next oponent is either my main league rival or the best team in my CL group :mad:

I'm on 110-game unbeaten run in the league. I've been beaten in the cups, though.

Suppose I should be screaming with rage about how unrealistic it is for a team to go unbeaten for so long! I suppose it would feel marginally more realistic if the media made something out of it every now and then. Don't get me wrong, it'd still be crazy, though.

I'm on 110-game unbeaten run in the league. I've been beaten in the cups, though.

IRL that would probably be quite depressing :D I know we all hate to see our favourite team lose, but losing now and then makes the winning even sweeter :p

IRL that would probably be quite depressing :D I know we all hate to see our favourite team lose, but losing now and then makes the winning even sweeter :p

It's gotten to the point where I almost feel like I know we won't lose. I suppose it's what I get for choosing Man. United! I am enjoying it, though.

It's gotten to the point where I almost feel like I know we won't lose. I suppose it's what I get for choosing Man. United! I am enjoying it, though.

I think that would normally be the point where I would look to move on and find another challenge. I would feel like I had taken the club and the game as far as I could.

But fair play to you, 110 games is darn impressive

I think that would normally be the point where I would look to move on and find another challenge. I would feel like I had taken the club and the game as far as I could.

But fair play to you, 110 games is darn impressive

Yeah, I have a feeling that the temptation would be there to start a new game or move on if FM09 weren't around the corner. Still, the thing is, I may be winning a lot, but there's a heap of players whose development I want to watch and things like that. So... something keeps driving me to continue. And I'm sure I'll lose sooner or later, most probably to Arsenal.

I suppose it's different when you're managing the club you support. Rinso and I were talking about how, even though it's a game, it feels bad to see your team struggling. Given the crap AI managers, if Mike was to leave now Man Utd would probably get relegated and that would be hard to take. That's why I never manage the club I support, when I think it's getting too easy, I can walk away without a second thought.

I suppose it's different when you're managing the club you support. Rinso and I were talking about how, even though it's a game, it feels bad to see your team struggling. Given the crap AI managers, if Mike was to leave now Man Utd would probably get relegated and that would be hard to take. That's why I never manage the club I support, when I think it's getting too easy, I can walk away without a second thought.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the new AI manager would ruin them. Plus, there's players I like who I know would end up in the reserves, even though they're good enough, as my run proves.

Let's sticky this thread as proof that FM 2008 becomes too easy after a wihle :)

And then we can refer to this if FM 2009 is equally easy.

Hmm, yeah, a totally biased anecdotal thread with nothing to back up any of the claims made in it is always really good as proof :rolleyes:

Hmm, yeah, a totally biased anecdotal thread with nothing to back up any of the claims made in it is always really good as proof :rolleyes:

Woah.. Cutting! True, though. I don't want my claims used as proof for anything other than the fact you can say anything you like about yourself on the internet (although, in this case, I am telling the truth, I promise).

Well, it's not like I haven't drawn games. I guess I've been very lucky. But I do think Man. United are quite easy because you start with some very good players who are also pretty young. So you just have to build on that and be aware not to upset the finances too much.

I wasn't being particular serious and I didn't mean proof in a CSI manner. :p

However I do feel that FM 2008 get too easy once you know how to break the tactics down. I still love playing it very much, but sometimes it just catches up to me and I get bored by winning and winning and so on.

I don't know how you guys get such high unbeaten records, no matter how good my team is, there is always one unlucky game eventually, or one bad performance

Mine is probably about 30, if that

The really high unbeaten League runs are usually in weak leagues where your team is totally dominant. Nep's record is in N.I., my unbeaten run is in the League of Ireland. A bad performance means only winning by 1 or 2 goals, an awful performance is a draw. Normal results are when you win by 5 or more :)....or in Nep's case when Andrew Smylie scores a dozen or so and you win by 18 :p

I wasn't being particular serious and I didn't mean proof in a CSI manner. :p

However I do feel that FM 2008 get too easy once you know how to break the tactics down. I still love playing it very much, but sometimes it just catches up to me and I get bored by winning and winning and so on.

I was only being partly serious of course, but a thread entirely devoted to people bragging about their longest unbeaten run is obviously going to attract examples of what it is asking for. I notice there is also now a thread about longest winless runs so we could use that one inistead as proof that the game is too difficult...except that those runs will probably be shorter because people will either get sacked before they can rack up 100 games without a win or they'd lose interest :p

• 2 months later...

yet again, this time I am unbeaten in 26 games since the start of the season in the Serie A with Inter and then I just get some baffling random 2-1 defeat to Reggina away, despite being in amazing form, Both their goals were 25 yard goals and they had 3 shots

I can never, ever get higher than late 20s, I always just get some stupid game where I lose unluckily, doesnt matter about how good the team is

Archived