cm 9798

I think there might be a patch or something that fixes it. I know I've played 97/98 on XP, not sure if I needed the patch or not. Great game, got it back in the day (when it was new). If you don't patch it, buy Bakayoko!

should work fine, even on vista.. you probably need to change your desktop resolution down to the minimum (800x600 on mine) in windows preferences, and then try and run the game. if that doesn work, you probably will need the dos-box emulator.

just bought the game today and when i click on play it says the system does not support full screen

can i fix this ?

cheers

The best thing to do with old games is to play them on Windows 98. And the best way to do this is through a Virtual PC (free and easily downloadable, for example from Microsoft's site). Many people have a Win98 CD knocking about, or you can buy one for next to nothin on eBay. My Virtual PC has Win98 on it and I use it to play loads of games, such as old CMs (96/97 for me!), Myst II: Riven (nigh on impossible to play on XP) and more! It's easier to overcome compatability issues this way.

Seeing as the CM name is now owned by Eidos, perhaps you should ask on their website/forums for help with this?

The CM name might be owned by Eidos, but as it's SI who made the code for that CM game, here probably is the right place to ask. :thup:

get back to champ italia when lentini and brian laudrup would get about 200 assists between them a season. Ah the memories :D

That was the first game in the series that I ever played. Wasn't very good back then and not much better now tbh.:D

• 2 months later...

I just reinstalled and played this for the first time in about 10 years, used to play this everynight when i was year 7 at school, played about half a season already with Liverpool in only 2 hours! funny playing as Liverpool with Paul Ince and Steve Mcmanaman again

Archived