The Bootroom - Issue 4

Here are the links for Issue 4, as we mentioned there are a few changes - basically we have teamed up with FMFormation to bring you future releases. Please take a look - we hope you enjoy the read. Its a little smaller than usual, we felt that some of the team guides might look a little dated, especially as the 2008/09 season is well under way now and that FM09 is getting its release in a few weeks.

Sendspace - http://www.sendspace.com/file/s4e2rn

Filefront - http://files.filefront.com/The+Bootroom+Issue+4pdf/;12053989;/fileinfo.html

Thanks! We have made a few changes, which will be explained in the opening pages. We are looking forward to FM09 and are building excitedly towards the new game.

Looks like the links will be here later this afternoon/evening, we have worked hard to ensure that the quality remains.

Terrific! This was the first edition I have read and found it a great read plus being both helpful and informative. I particularly enjoyed the various insights to AI - I was really convinced something devious was going on. I really look forward to your next edition and would like to thank the team that put in so much hard work.

don't mean to sound daft but what is the bootroom thing about and what happens in it.

It is a pdf magazine about FM. You can download it from the links above. There have been 4 issues so far and they talk about loads of things to do with FM. They are a great read. :)

Here are the links for Issue 4, as we mentioned there are a few changes - basically we have teamed up with FMFormation to bring you future releases. Please take a look - we hope you enjoy the read. Its a little smaller than usual, we felt that some of the team guides might look a little dated, especially as the 2008/09 season is well under way now and that FM09 is getting its release in a few weeks.

Sendspace - http://www.sendspace.com/file/s4e2rn

Filefront - http://files.filefront.com/The+Bootroom+Issue+4pdf/;12053989;/fileinfo.html

Quality is once again amazing. Have no idea why this isn't commissioned to be produced as a physical magazine from SI

Well done and thanks

hey guys! what an issue! i was wandering if i was needed for any future issues?

i did the schalke 04 article that didnt make the issue, i notice no team guides did!

Cheers

p.s just drop a private email if u do want help cheers guys chat soon

I've dropped you a PM.

Quality is once again amazing. Have no idea why this isn't commissioned to be produced as a physical magazine from SI

Well done and thanks

I loved the original CM magazines, but it was so hard to track down in the newsagents. Most only carried one copy.

I assume they have their reasons for not doing them any more. It would be nice to get this up to a fully professional level (for a reasonable salary of course!), but I don't see it happening.

Great issue guys really enjoyed it.

I just wondered how many hours go in to making this?

I would hate to add it all up.

To give you an idea, Pele's Prediction took around four hours to research and two to write. The Skin reviews take about an hour each. The in game experiments are probably far in excess of that. View From the Touchline and How to Create Tactics require an hour or two reading threads to verify or flesh out ideas - I like them to be well balanced rather than just rely on one opinion that may be fallible. Even the half page preview of FMH took a couple of hours of sniffing out information and maybe 45 minutes to write.

Then there is proof reading, getting screenshots, writing captions doing page layouts and much more besides.

I would hate to add it all up.

To give you an idea, Pele's Prediction took around four hours to research and two to write. The Skin reviews take about an hour each. The in game experiments are probably far in excess of that. View From the Touchline and How to Create Tactics require an hour or two reading threads to verify or flesh out ideas - I like them to be well balanced rather than just rely on one opinion that may be fallible. Even the half page preview of FMH took a couple of hours of sniffing out information and maybe 45 minutes to write.

Then there is proof reading, getting screenshots, writing captions doing page layouts and much more besides.

Lots of time then. ;) Glad you are all willing to put it in. KUTGW :thup:

Archived