Your most enjoyable career?

Hi Guys,

What has been your most enjoyable career to date and what was go great about it?

Mine has to be my most current one, I started out at LA Galaxy and won the MLS in my 1st season.

I then got the Reading job in season 2 and won the Championship with a record number of points. With the league tied up in April I was being touted for the Man Utd job as Ferguson had just been sacked. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was appointed the new Man U manager only to be sacked 32 days later, I was then appointed Man U manager going into season 3 :D.

Going into season 3 as Man U manager I won the League, UEFA CUP and FA CUP.

Season 4 is where I am at now and have tied up the Community Sheild and European Super CUP.

I know its only season 4 but this has been one of my most enjoyable due to the fact I have worked my way through 3 teams in 4 years from the MLS.

enjoying the challenge im doin atm (in my location) took over at HKFC when they got promoted to the hong kong first division, way back in August 2008. its now January 2018, we're on course for our 4th straight league title, are the dominant force in domestic football, and looking forward to the prospect of another champions league campaign, and trying desperately to make it past the group stage! im not likely to get any other jobs, as i only have Hong Kong loaded, but im really enjoying managing this little club, and the seasons just fly past!

Easily my Oxford Utd save though i am currently in 2016 and not at Oxford anymore. Took Oxford to the Premier League und won the EPL two times in a row but i decided to move on for a new challenge. Mancini was sacked at Inter Milan so I resigned and took his place. But I never felt really connected with the club, the personal etc. so I resigned again after 8 league games. Went on holiday for about a year and hoped for an international job after Euro 2016 but no big country needed a new manager afterwares. So I was still unemployed and the new season was about to start when Barca offered me a job. As Barca is one of my favourite clubs I happily agreed.

Probably my Sheffield Utd game, won promo, got relegated, won promo again and have had 2 top half finishs around 10th 9th in the past two seasons and got a decent enough squad now to be able to stay in the premiership and finish around 9th again. Much more satisfying bringing a smaller club up to success than my arsenal game.

my walsall game that im currently playing!!! i took them from league 1 to the championship in the first season!!! then after that i consolidated for two seasons!!! Then the next year i got promotion through the playoffs!!!! and just in the close season in the transfer market for my premiership campaign!!! i agree with rnickster in saying its better when u take a small club to the promise land!!!!

Mine has to be when I started out with Scunthorpe, took me about 4 seasons to ge them in the prem, got relegated, promoted again next season then two top half finishes. Then the stupid board dont offer me a new contract (absolutely gutted), the only job I can get with a reputation of national is the Lecce job in serie B. In my second season we got into serie A and in the 3rd into europe. Halfway through the 3rd Pompey offered me the job which i delayed to the end of the season when I took over. After guiding Pompey to 2 5th place finishes in the prem I decided the time was right for a new challenge and took over as Betis, Won the league twice and runners up twice in 4 seasons with the club at which point I took over Newcastle who had just avoided relegation and as they had a lot of money to spend and they are one of my favourite clubs I took over them and have since enjoyed a fifteen year career winning all sorts of trophies along the way.

Mine has to be my Hull save basically because it's a new experience for me. I was at uni in Hull so i have a soft spot for the side. I downloaded a season update factoring in their promotion but i couldn't get into so i decided to try and get them promoted myself.

I usually pcik sleeping giants in the prem to play with (example on this version i've been using man city a lot) but i really enjoyed getting Hull promoted (1st season get in!) and i'm also really enjoying having to scout for understated players and the pressure of the relegation battle.

I'm in my third season after finishing thirteenth in the premiership last season, my team is in a bit of a lull of form and i have the daunting prospect of a season down the bottom. I need to pray for some goals.

Must be one of my early ones. Started as FC København with the intention to make an european impact. By second season i advanced past the group stage of Champions League and third season I got placed second losing to Arsenal in the finals. Then got the Denmark job and managed to win the World Cup (:D) and reaching the semi finals of the European championship 2 years later. Got offered the post of Real Madrid who had a bad season at that moment, but had class players all round, so I accepted and reigned spanish and european football from that point and a few seasons ahead.

THEN my friggin computer decides to crash in the middle of saving a game thus destroying the save game. Garh I was ****ed. At first I was calm since it usually makes a backup when that happens, but NOOOO. I then kicked my computer at that time and broke the motherboard...

Winning the Spanish league with un-fancied Atletico Madrid after a couple of years of building, then retaining it the following season.

Also, another save where I won the Spanish league (again) with Valencia.

Oddly enough, I love Liverpool but never really enjoy managing them as expectations are very high and you can really only fail.

probs current game in 2017 atm.

Started at spurs won champs league few times and premiership lots and league cup. Went Norwich in january 2015 as they were strugglingin championship. got them promoted after finishing sixth, next season won premiership with them :D

Love all my coaches all so loyal :D :D

enjoying the challenge im doin atm (in my location) took over at HKFC when they got promoted to the hong kong first division, way back in August 2008. its now January 2018, we're on course for our 4th straight league title, are the dominant force in domestic football, and looking forward to the prospect of another champions league campaign, and trying desperately to make it past the group stage! im not likely to get any other jobs, as i only have Hong Kong loaded, but im really enjoying managing this little club, and the seasons just fly past!

I'm also enjoying the HK league at the minute and i have to say it's my most enjoyable game on FM08. Currently in the year 2014 as Happy Valley, took charge in Aug 2007 and have won the league 7 times in a row, including the Fa cups, League cups and Senior shields 'a few times' too! Also won the Asian confederations cup once and am a regular in the asian champions league, although i am yet to make it out of the group stages yet. I have quite a lot of leagues from around the world running and the job offers have just started to come in now, including Newcastle, Valladolid, Boca and Catania to name just a few, but i'm enjoying taking this little HK club (my local team here in HK) to the brink of success, so maybe a few more seasons in the HK league for me. Just to add, i have just been offered the HK national job and have accepted, so this definitely makes this the most enjoyable game on FM08 for me.

My fav was some years ago when I took the Tottenham job and did rather well, winning the Uefa cup a couple of times in 3 seasons. Moved to Real Madrid who were freefalling, built up a good squad with a great youth team and after another 3 seasons moved to Fiorentina where I signed just about the entire youth team I had at Madrid only to see the team narrowly escape relegation on two occasions, I had Ronaldo, an aging ronaldo who was my top scorer but the team just kept losing. I was sacked in season 3 and moved to Newcastle who were now in the Championship. Got them promoted and was doing rather well in the Premiership, Top 4 by my third season. Then I lost interest in the game as my contract was running out and I was unsure if to continue or not. The game was mostly regens by then and I wasn't motivated enough to start from zero. However that was by far my best game.

My best game was at Hammerfest in Norway on FM2007. They started in the Second Division Group 4 where only the top team gets promoted. I won that first season, before having to ditch most of the players who took us up because of the large gap to the First Division. It took me 4 years to get out of that, with our semi-pro status and a habit of bottling it in the final few matches delaying promotion.

It took me a further 4 years to win the Premier Division, with the next step to win a European trophy. The club gradually got richer, the team better and after years of domestic dominance we won the Champions League in 2021. We also managed to win the European Super Cup and the World Club Cup to confirm our status as the best side on the planet.

Without doubt the most satisfying and fun save game I've ever had.

Mine would have to be a file i've been playing on and off through this years incarnation of FM:

Started of as Paris Saint-Germain, and was sacked in March of my first season.

With no reputation (but luckily many leagues selected) I was offered the job at German Regional Division Reutlingen.

I took them to the German Second Division in 3 years, before accepting a move to Serie B Siena. With a modest squad, and resourses I took them to a Champions League Finish in my 4th year there - with an XI that still boasts many of those original Serie B players (Daniele Corvie, Adrian Pit, Daniele Galloppa, Tomas Guzman).

At the close of my 4th season in Siena I was offered the Inter Milan job and have been there mopping up Serie A titles since (I cant get that elusive CL title though - typical Inter!)

Throughout this file, since after the 2010 World Cup I have also been managing Cameroon, and have won 2 African Nations Cup, and reached the Semi-Finals of 2014 and 2018 World Cups, building great relationships along the way (157 Cap Samuel Eto'o is now my assistant with Club and Country)

So much fun, and I cant wait to have a file like this, but with all the experiences, and results, in glorious 3D :D ...I also concur with the poster who said building from the bottom is rewarding. I think I enjoyed this file much more than if - for example - I had been very successful at PSG from the off.

My favorite was an ongoing 44 year career game that saw me rotating teams every few years or so that saw me managing in Switzerland, Sweden, France, Germany, eventually moving to a relegated and struggling Sunderland side who I was with for 7 seasons, winning the league in the 6th with players I had signed my first couple seasons for the youth team on frees and in player swaps to get rid of my higher salary players.

The 7th season we made it to the semi finals of the CL but had a very bad league run and I was sacked and set sail for a under-performing Palermo side, never to see England again for 9 seasons when I made my return to knock Arsenal out of the group stages on my way to a win in the finals against Chelsea.

Definately has to be when I started out at Nott Forest and got them promoted first season. After that around halfway through the second season I was around 10th in the Championship when the West Ham manager had been sacked because they were bottom of the table in the Prem. I took them over and saved them from relegation, ended up finishing 10th I think. Then at the end of the season Liverpool sacked their manager and they offered me a job which I took. Won the BPL two times with Liverpool, and a couple other trophies I can't remember, it was half a year ago.

Mine was back on FM2005 (when my laptop could handle more than a couple leagues!) where i started out with Dinamo Kiev. After CL success in my 4th season i headed off to Spoting Lisbon where i only lasted a season before AC Milan offered me a job.

Over in Italy i enjoyed plenty of success, but after about 5 seasons got a little bored. I then foolishly accepted the Chelsea job which was the start of the end of my game. I only lasted half a season before losing interest :(. Many fond memories though.

Getting Napoli from relegation favourites to Champions League winners in four seasons. Also the fact that first season I came third, second season I came second, and third season I came first and won the Champions League was a sign of progression. ;)

Mine without a doubt is the one i'm currently playing, had all British leagues and Rep of Ireland loaded and spent 20 years winning everything and everything in N Ireland and even managed group stages in Champions League, had a new stadium named after me too! :D

Felt i could take them no further and so have move to King's Lynn in the BSN, hoping to keep enjoying the game as much as i have so far.

My current FM05 save.

The career progression was

Aberdeen, Man City, PSV, Aberdeen, Newcastle, Chelsea, Man City, Lazio, Man City, Rugby Utd, Everton, Arsenal, Man City, NAC Breda, Ajax, Bari, Brentford, NAC Breda, Aberdeen, Burscough, Bournemouth...

All with (very) varying degrees of success and lengths of time at the club...

i started of a leicester got promoted, retained top flight status and won a cup double fa cup and carling cup

then i headed of to real madrid in a suprise after their manager was sacked for underachieving.won virtually everything 2 seasons in a row and also got approached by argentina just before a copa america. won that as well and my trophies were well above 15. easily the best team i could buy players for without ongoing negotiations and manage.

My current FM05 save.

The career progression was

Aberdeen, Man City, PSV, Aberdeen, Newcastle, Chelsea, Man City, Lazio, Man City, Rugby Utd, Everton, Arsenal, Man City, NAC Breda, Ajax, Bari, Brentford, NAC Breda, Aberdeen, Burscough, Bournemouth...

All with (very) varying degrees of success and lengths of time at the club...

That is stunning

Mine was in 2007 where I spent 12 years at Grimsby and got them to the top of the championship when I got sacked, probably because of the £14,000,000 debt I was in!

started off as middlebrough. Won the premiership and fa cup. Then oined roma in season 2. Won seria a and italian cup also the uefa cup.

Season 3 still with roma won the european super cup and then joined manutd where i won all the cups available.

Guest Real cotter

i started at Ipswich and almost got promoted in the first season, and i was touted for several prem jobs so i decided to leave for relegated birmingham so that i had a better chance of taking a team to the premiership. at christmas i resigned because i hated the board. ipswich offered me my job back in march and i took them to the prem same season. signed some good people and finnished 15th.. made fa cup final so i got uefa cup. signed some big names (Bojinov, Flore Flores) and finished 10th. scouted brazil and found some amazing wonderkids. man u offered me the job so i left but one of my wonderkids scored 25 prem goals for ipswich who went up to 3rd and he was worth 22 million. left man u hoping to return to ipswich but it never happened so i retired

Hello everyone, i'm a long time reader of this forum but this is my first post.

I am a big FM fan and i would have to say my best time was playing with Racing de Ferrol. i usually stick with the english league but i thought this would be differnt so i gave it ago and was fun. spent 4 seasons with them got promotion and won the their league cup then left for porto for 3 seasons where i won everything portugal had to offer :D

did an unemployed game in FM07 that saw me start off at Ituano in brazil then work my way up to Karlsruhe after being sacked at the end of the Brazilian season for a less than stellar performance. At karlsruhe i got promoted with a 3rd place finish achieved in the last match of the season. First season in the Bundesliga i finished 5th, thanks largely to Vyacheslav Hleb, Alan Smith and Lebohang Mokoena. Did well in Europe the following season, though i didnt win it. However i did win the Bundesliga ^_^ finishing just a point or so ahead of Bremen.

Season 3 at Karlsruhe a few of the regens i had signed began coming through, including one Leonardo from brazil, who i first came across while he was a 14 year old when i was coaching in Brazil. i bought him the day he turned 18 for his release of a measly 500k (this guy would go on to win World player/European player etc every year after he turned 21 as well as averaging some 60 goals a season for me)6 seasons in i was winning everything with my team, and the crowning moment was when they built a new stadium and named it after me ^_^

Quite something else to watch a game being played at the Ihasgun Arena :p i finished the game and retired the same time as Cristiano Ronaldo (who was playing for me when he turned 28).By now FM08 was out. One thing i regretted was not being able to watch the career of a Certain D/MC that had come through the ranks. Lets just say he looked like he was going to be Beckenbauer reborn :p

actually after a bit of digging ive found some screenshots ^_^

enjoy.

Leonardo, Age 23 ^_^ he won his first World player/Footballer of the year @ age 21.

leonardoage23vf9.jpg

My Uruguayan Beckenbauer >.< didnt get a chance to watch him develop fully.

ibarraxt1.jpg

Leo's Career stats at age 23. pity it doesn't show champs league/Cup goals.

leocareer23wp3.jpg

Aup guys, my most enjoyable season on fm08 was definatley my burton albion season. Started with Burton in the conference got them to the championship in 4 years all back to back promotions, mainly because arsenal were my parent team, however the link was cancelled.:-( then i was offered the watford job in 2011. promotion with them in my first season unbeaten in the league and reached the carling cup semi final which I lost to Man Utd 4-0. Then Arsene wenger took over as the france manager so i was offered the arsenal job, theo walcott my top scorer for 3 seasons in a row with 40 goals in all competitions won the champions league twice and the premier league twice in 3 seasons. Finally with AC milan in 2017 currently never lost a game with them only firendlies. Alexandro pato, sergio aguero and carlos vela my three strikers, possibly my best team and career ever!

My current save is a huge amount of fun.....started with Chippenham, after they got promoted to the BSS after season one. Took over them when they were a team of greys, and built from there. Yesterday the boys did me proud and finally won the Premiership (2019). It actually had me jumping round the room like the infamous footage of David Pleat skipping across the Wembley turf in the 70s!

What made it all the sweeter was it came down to the last game, against 2nd place Arsenal....the winnner took the league! We sneeked a 2-1 win! Let the good times roll!

I did also have a corker of a game on FM07...I managed to get to the year 2035 and make Bolton Wanderers the dominant force in world football!

rinso, are you from Hong Kong, or was it pure whimsy that guided you to start this game?

My Weymouth save on 07...

from then conference relegation candidates, to the playoff final and FA Vase? Trophy in first season

went 1 better in second, winning the conference and the cup

straight up via playoffs in league 2

then i think i scraped the playoffs (or was about to) on my 4/5th season...

when the save got corrupted :mad::(:thdn:

my favoueate career is easily the one i had on fm07. i started at grimsby in league 2 and gained succesive promotions to league 1 then to the championship. after ending the season in 12th i moved to spurs. in the first year i won the premiership, 2nd year i won the champions league 3rd year won the fa cup. i was so dissapointed we lost the league that year as we had a massive points advantage in february that i quit. then both milan jobs came available. i had the choice between inter who by this time had cristiano ronaldo and david villa or ac milan who had podolski, gerrard and kaka. i chose ac milan was given an enormous transfer kity and signed all my best spurs players. 1st year won the league, 2nd nothing, but after a major overall of my 1st team squad won the league 15 years in a row, including a 60 game unbeaten streak. won 8 european cups including 5 succesive winning campaigns. during my team here i always developed a young team, so when i decided it was time for a new challenge and moved to celtic, i got rid of most of the first team squad and signed about 20 under 20 players. this did not go well and after 2 years of winning nothing i rertired as this coincided with the release of fm08.

not enjoying virtual life at tme moment, i started with sevilla in my career game and finished 4th 4 times, 5th once and 2nd in my last full season. i seriously thought i was build on that, but for some reason we turned carp. i left them in 11th in december for fiorentina and started with a good away win at the san siro. a year later, i was sacked for the 1st time since fm06.

amidst all that, i got 6 points in a WCQ campaign against italy but went out in the playoffs with russia, i was quite proud of that. i applied and got the argentina national job, but got mysteriously thrashed in the copa america semi final against eventual winners uruguay. i'm now waiting for the new owners of espanyol to give me some money to spend next transfer window. might stick it out for another week...

Guest roberto922
not enjoying virtual life at tme moment, i started with sevilla in my career game and finished 4th 4 times, 5th once and 2nd in my last full season. i seriously thought i was build on that, but for some reason we turned carp. i left them in 11th in december for fiorentina and started with a good away win at the san siro. a year later, i was sacked for the 1st time since fm06.

amidst all that, i got 6 points in a WCQ campaign against italy but went out in the playoffs with russia, i was quite proud of that. i applied and got the argentina national job, but got mysteriously thrashed in the copa america semi final against eventual winners uruguay. i'm now waiting for the new owners of espanyol to give me some money to spend next transfer window. might stick it out for another week...

my favoueate career is easily the one i had on fm07. i started at grimsby in league 2 and gained succesive promotions to league 1 then to the championship. after ending the season in 12th i moved to spurs. in the first year i won the premiership, 2nd year i won the champions league 3rd year won the fa cup. i was so dissapointed we lost the league that year as we had a massive points advantage in february that i quit. then both milan jobs came available. i had the choice between inter who by this time had cristiano ronaldo and david villa or ac milan who had podolski, gerrard and kaka. i chose ac milan was given an enormous transfer kity and signed all my best spurs players. 1st year won the league, 2nd nothing, but after a major overall of my 1st team squad won the league 15 years in a row, including a 60 game unbeaten streak. won 8 european cups including 5 succesive winning campaigns. during my team here i always developed a young team, so when i decided it was time for a new challenge and moved to celtic, i got rid of most of the first team squad and signed about 20 under 20 players. this did not go well and after 2 years of winning nothing i rertired as this coincided with the release of fm08.

Have your caps lock and shift buttons broken?

Archived