Load saved games from older version

It would be really nice to be able to load old games from older versions... or just convert them into the newest version just like you can open and convert older documents on MS Word.

I would really like to continue my most successful career from FM2006 in FM2008 or 2009.

Would you like to be able to do so as well? Do you think it could be a realistic feature?

• SI Staff

I don't think something like this is a realistic feature. There are many changes between releases like new features, fields added to / removed from the database.

It's sometimes tricky to keep things compatible for things like patches

I don't think something like this is a realistic feature. There are many changes between releases like new features, fields added to / removed from the database.

I was only joking you know lol...its funny when people think i'm serious hehe :D

I agree that it's impossible to reload everything... but what about being able to load past manager history and the squads when you start a new game? This would probably also require a function to travel forward in time so if in FM2006 I was managing Marseille in 2011, I could start my season in 2010 in FM2009?

• 7 months later...

Archived