under-rated national teams in fm08

what national teams do you think are under-rated?

for me its poland because in real life they are really good in all qualifing stages, just a bit rubbish in the actual tournaments, but in the game they never qualify for anything not even euro 2008, when in real life they topped their group ahead of portugal! and also i think their players are a bit under rated as in teams such as paraguay, mexico, czech reb, etc...

I don't think Poland's players are underrated...Boruc rightly has high stats but how many other star players does the team have?

IMO Boruc is over-rated, yes he is a good keeper but he has those games where he makes more blunders that a fast food restraunt does in a year.

Anyway I think maybe SI should introduce somthing like a TEAM COMPATABILITY rating. This would affect how well players play together. This would allow those smaller teams and nations who put blood and sweat onto the park more likley to beat those teams like England who are very good indavidually but poor when mixed together.

On the under-rated nations Northern Ireland is a call ill make.

I'd agree with what some others have said - a lot of those teams whose players don't necessarily perform to the absolute highest standard for individual club sides, but who come together for their national team and play like a proper team, achieving far more than the sum of their parts.

Players like Milan Baros and Davor Suker of old have often been a disappointment at club level (I know Suker had some good seasons, but he also had lots of average ones), but when they put on the national shirt they are brilliant (less so Baros at the last tournament, but previously) and their team around them likewise.

On the under-rated nations Northern Ireland is a call ill make.

2-0 away to Slovenia :( I think the game has it about right atm, the last qualifying campaign was a one off IMO. San Marino on Wednesday night and the awful stench of possible humiliation :(

I think the players have not been underrated in terms of individual abilitites in teams such as Poland, Greece etc....

The elements which bring success to these teams IRL is something like teamwork, team spirit, determination, which in FM fail to represent.

Another good example can be Germany. In fact they have been often doing well in tournaments IRL even their players are not having the best individual abilities. Their success are down to other elements such as pride, spirit, discipline etc... And these factors are almost non-exist in FM or play a very minor role.

Therefore national teams such as these are often doing not as good in FM compare to reality, although their players ability sounds right to me.

Anyway I think maybe SI should introduce somthing like a TEAM COMPATABILITY rating. This would affect how well players play together. This would allow those smaller teams and nations who put blood and sweat onto the park more likley to beat those teams like England who are very good indavidually but poor when mixed together.

The problem is something like this.

If, in FM, I take over England and play a team like this:

James

Richards/Johnson

Terry

Ferdinand

Cole

Walcott/SWP

Gerrard/Lampard

Barry/Hargreaves/Carrick

Cole/Young

Owen

Heskey

Then I'm playing a team that should play well together, y'know? Not two little men up front and two attacking centre mids, which are England's main problems. Then the whole "England Compatibility 3= Make them lose" goes out the window.

Perhaps a better way is to introduce a "national team performance" attribute, with 10 being same as at club level, 1 being a lot worse than club level and 20 being a lot better. Rooney could have say 7, as could Gerrard, and Lampard could have something like 5. I don't want to go through the entire team and list what they'd have...

I agree Poland is very underrated in game, also in my games Russia tends to vastly under-perform given their talents. Greece is another one that I have yet to see perform very well.

I don't follow football outside of Europe, and the Americas very much but I read many news stories about Qatar but in game I don't recall ever seeing them doing well at all.

Denmark and Sweden being 2 others I usually see as group whipping boys in FM that shouldn't be.

In South America I always see Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela always seem to perform much better than they have compared to their real life counterparts.

On my game Russia are underperformers, they never even made it to World Cup 2010, a competition Wales qualified for.

Also Poland, Greece and Romania seem to be underrated aswell on my save.

Archived