Is there any point?

Is there any point me picking up Football Manager 08 when there is only a month left until FM09 comes out?

I'm sitting here now aching to play a manager game. Last time i played one was about a year ago, which is far too long. It was FM07 for the 360.

I'll be able to pick it up for around £10, so price isn't really a problem and i don't mind paying a little extra.

What about recent updates in terms of transfers etc? Also, what is 08 like compared to 07?

if you look in the editors forum, or do a google search for fmweegie, you can get an update wil all this summer's transfers in.

imho 08 is a far better game than 07... personally ive found it more difficult, but also a lot more enjoyable, and got into some very good long term games, up to 2019 with nottm forest, 2015 with liverpool and currently in 2017 with a team in hong kong...

true, it has faults, but i still this its a far better gaming experience than 07

Is there any point me picking up Football Manager 08 when there is only a month left until FM09 comes out?

Not really since the demo should be out in a few weeks.

What about recent updates in terms of transfers etc? Also, what is 08 like compared to 07?

FM08 on PC would be much better than FM07 on the 360 imo. No transfer updates since the last patch which came out in February, but you can download more up-to-date unofficial updates from various FM sites.

Can't you wait for the FM09 demo at least? :D But I suppose you could get FM08 since it dosn't cost much anymore.

07>>>>08. In every way. Better ME, better transfer system, far less bugs, less annoying "features" (split news, match flow, changes to in-match tactics, clock doesn't count seconds, annoying "player x will play against his team of 10 years ago today" news item, pitch dimensions, broken confidence feature). Default skin is terrible too.

Other than that, 08 is ok.

90% chance i will be picking up a manager game tomorrow.

Price is not too much of an issue, but i just want to know whether i should go for FM07 or FM08?

I see one persons opinion that 08 is buggy/glitchy.

Which is kinda putting me off..

It is all on opinon. I really like 2008 and if you get the patch it is not that buggy. Yes there are things like confidence but i find FM08 a better experience than FM07

Yea, i just want to get a broad range of peoples opinions before going out an getting one of the two.

Is there any major glitches though? That could cause alot of frustration? Im not too bothered about a corrupted save, because there is always a chance of that happening on every game. But is there anything within FM08 that hasn't got a patch to fix it?

Yea, i just want to get a broad range of peoples opinions before going out an getting one of the two.

Is there any major glitches though? That could cause alot of frustration? Im not too bothered about a corrupted save, because there is always a chance of that happening on every game. But is there anything within FM08 that hasn't got a patch to fix it?

Some problems not fixed in 8.0.2:

Media interaction

Board confidence

Transfer system

Regens

Some problems not fixed in 8.0.2:

Media interaction

Board confidence

Transfer system

Regens

Are any of those a major problem though?

I guess board confidence can be frustrating if your meeting their expectations and still get fired.

Whats up with the transfer system though? I've seen threads about a club wanting 5 mil for someone, then they offer 7 mill but they don't accept etc...?

What problems are there to do with media & regens?

Are there any threads that might have detailed answers about these problems?

Are any of those a major problem though?

I guess board confidence can be frustrating if your meeting their expectations and still get fired.

Whats up with the transfer system though? I've seen threads about a club wanting 5 mil for someone, then they offer 7 mill but they don't accept etc...?

What problems are there to do with media & regens?

Are there any threads that might have detailed answers about these problems?

Board expectations are just too much in FM08.

Transfer system is just unrealistic imo. You have to pay crazy prices to build a half-decent team.

Media - When you make a comment it hardly has any effect on anyone.

Regens - Regen quality is not as good as in previous FMs. Physical attributes tend to be very low.

Crazy prices as in, 50mill for top-notch players?

Because im looking to go into LLM and seeing as im also looking to buy young and use my youth academy, the transfer system shouldn't be too much of a problem.

But other than those few problems, FM08 is as good if not better then FM07?

Crazy prices as in, 50mill for top-notch players?

Because im looking to go into LLM and seeing as im also looking to buy young and use my youth academy, the transfer system shouldn't be too much of a problem.

But other than those few problems, FM08 is as good if not better then FM07?

If you're going into LLM then it shouldn't be much of a problem then :)

But yeah, I still think FM08 is better than 07.

I think if you havent played fm08 at all then i'd leave it and then it will be a huge jump from 07 to 09 and the game will be sooooo much better.

But if you have played fm07 before I reckon get it and play it for a month will be fun.

Well i haven't played FM07 for over a year, which is why i am so desperate for some FM action :D

You can see whats on FM09 demo now, vids on youtube

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

all i got was a rick astley song

but then i realised that i must be dumb as the demo isn't out for another 2 weeks

on-topic

i preferred FM07 as a game, although i would d/l the 08 demo and wait for the 09 demo and then get 09

08 was too buggy and the problems (listed in previous posts) are just crazy

IMO WAIT FOR '09 DEMO!

Archived