fm 09 as a gift?

hi mates

was just wondering if theres someone in here who can give fm 09 out as a gift

i have fm 08, but it was bought for me by an uncle who was on vacation in the uk

now that its a month to the official release of fm 09, i have tried doing the pre-order on all the sites i know of but i dont have a credit card and most of them dont ship to my country

im in quite a fix here and since we are all lovers of this beautiful game

i was wondering if i could get someone in here who could order for me a s a gift??

It is true that a number of high profile internet scams have originated in Nigeria. That does make me rather suspicious. Although, at the same time, it would be unfair to tar all Nigerians with the scammer brush just because of what a few have done.

I am a nigerian and i wont hide under any cover, thanks mike for your comment

but this isnt the way nigerian scammers operate, they want your money not fm 09

i am sending the msg out to all, i am not a scammer and i dont nedd anyones money, i am a final year undergraduate with a lot of prospects and i believe i will make it big in life without duping anyone

If he was a scammer, what would he be earning out of this?

And I'm sorry mate, but I barely have enough for myself atm. Dafuge linked you to steam which should be fine.

Theoretically, if someone was naive enough, he could end up with their account information and then earn potentially a reasonable amount. I don't think it's a scam, though.

the uncle who bought me the fm 08 from uk is now in nigeria to so theres no way he can help

40GBP is not a problem for me, even 100 is not, i am a student under scholarship from the Shell Petroleum Group so i earn money even as a student, the problem is just that i cant get a credut card, nigeria is not that advanced and even all these shops dont ship out to nigeria

nigeria has a lot of youth who have been imbibed in internet frauds and i wont deny that but there are over 140million people in this country,

If the money is not a problem, simply send £40 to a student friend abroad - who can purchase FM09 and send it directly to you - problem solved.

you guys are the student friends i have abroad and if theres anyone willing to help then i am ready to send the money to you and you will help buy it and then send it to me

How about asking someone inside Shell? As a British/Dutch company i'm sure you must have contact with someone who could help?

the contact i have with Shell is through their nigerian station and for christs sake, shell thinks im in the library for 20 hours a day reading, thats why i got their scholarship, not so that i can stay all night in front of my PC playing fm 09

the contact i have with Shell is through their nigerian station and for christs sake, shell thinks im in the library for 20 hours a day reading, thats why i got their scholarship, not so that i can stay all night in front of my PC playing fm 09

you're right you will lose your scholarship just because you ask someone to buy a game for you. I am pretty sure they won't mind if you have a hobby in your own time.

How about asking someone inside Shell? As a British/Dutch company i'm sure you must have contact with someone who could help?

Why are you sure of that? Do you know how many Nigerians there are? I'm British, but that doesn't automatically mean I know someone who works in a fish 'n' chip shop.

No company in their right mind would expect someone to be completely without hobbies. If your income is correct and you give whoever you ask to order it the money up front i fail to see what problems you could face.

Alternatively have a look at ecobank and get your own credit card.

This may just be starting to sound like a begging letter...

Why are you sure of that? Do you know how many Nigerians there are? I'm British, but that doesn't automatically mean I know someone who works in a fish 'n' chip shop.

What?? That really doesn't make a great deal of sense.

As far as i can tell, all NCFC was suggesting was to ask a co-worker who may have a credit card to help him out, not an unreasonable request....

What?? That really doesn't make a great deal of sense.

As far as i can tell, all NCFC was suggesting was to ask a co-worker who may have a credit card to help him out, not an unreasonable request....

Ah, yeah, I see. I didn't really think about the fact that his scholarship might allow him access to Shell workers.

you guys are the student friends i have abroad and if theres anyone willing to help then i am ready to send the money to you and you will help buy it and then send it to me

What exactly - and how - would you send to someone in the UK?

So, this person that buys you the game, I suppose you want their bank details to send them the payment from Nigera? Perhaps even a little extra?! :mad::p

Nah, I'm sure no-one's daft enough to hand over their account details to a complete stranger and I'm sure the OP isn't trying to scam anyone.

I was going to say, couldn't he just send the recipient of the money a cheque? or possibly cash? through the post?

Or could he possibly be trying a different type of scam..?

His IP resolves to the middle of the Atlantic...

Glyn, ever heard of an envelope :p

First post is taking the mick out of a mod

I like this guy :D

Anyway, after reading that he's from Atlantica i am now thinking that this is a big lie hmmmm

No, they aren't, why?

Sorry, I was looking at the wrong IP. Your's comes up as London, but that's a bit vague. Kris is much better at this than me - I've seen him come up with names and home addresses, and location of the computer individual posts were made from. (Once, abusive posts were made on a school's computer, which resulted in a letter to the school.)

Sorry, I was looking at the wrong IP. Your's comes up as London, but that's a bit vague. Kris is much better at this than me - I've seen him come up with names and home addresses, and location of the computer individual posts were made from. (Once, abusive posts were made on a school's computer, which resulted in a letter to the school.)

That's really weird. How do we not know that this "Kris" is some madman computer geek just out of prison for murdering his family? The school bit made me laugh aswell. Did the school respond to the letter? Where am I then Glyn?

That's really weird. How do we not know that this "Kris" is some madman computer geek just out of prison for murdering his family? The school bit made me laugh aswell. Did the school respond to the letter? Where am I then Glyn?

i can see this turning into a sort of game :D glyn should sit tight and expect a lonngggg evening.

The geek bit's right, he's a professional programmer. :D

Not sure about the letter, it wasn't me that sent it. I seem to have the memory that they did say that the pupil involved had been disciplined but I could be misremembering.

The geek bit's right, he's a professional programmer. :D

Not sure about the letter, it wasn't me that sent it. I seem to have the memory that they did say that the pupil involved had been disciplined but I could be misremembering.

How gutted would you be if someone found out where you posted a post from that was abusive. Especially that it was a school aswell.

Archived