Help - what can I do?

Here's the story. First season, I sign a 15 year old who needs a WP, and he cannot join for 2 years.

By the time he joins, he has over 30 U21 caps, but still no WP

Consider that he can only sign a 3 year deal at the start, he has 1 year left on the contract by the time he joins me

But he cannot sign a new contract, because despite now, towards the end of the season him having 44 U21 caps, his WPs keep getting turned down. I cannot appeal for some reason.

I fear I will lose him now, as some Spanish vultures are circuling.

What can I do?

Nothing much.

Under-21 caps don't count for anything in the first work permit "phase", although they'll contribute to the appeals as the more Under-21 caps, the higher that player's reputation is. You need national team caps to get a work permit on the spot.

Try giving him a contract with a key player role which seems to help, although it basically means he's going to be unhappy when he realises you're not giving him a key role.

Yeah but doesnt it take 2 years to get a work permit by sending him to a feeder club? he has one year left on his contract and if he has a young contract like i think he will have you wont be able to send him on his travels.

You're right, there is no point sending him to a feeder club as his contract runs out at the end of this season. Lungofun is suggesting loaning him out and extending his contract by alternate means.:D

I've stumbled on the same problem... An obviously high potential Brazilian with a contract that's running out and won't get a permit for renewal. The vultures already sniffing, four interested clubs including Man Utd, Southampton, Sunderland. He'd obviously get a permit for them as they'd be able to appeal. Tempted to use FMM here as it clearly is a flaw, not being able to appeal I mean.

Archived