Work Permit

hey all

one quick question,i signed yoel goldstein from B.Jerusalem as my scout said he had great potential,when i agreed to buy him it said he wasnt permitteed a work permit,that was fine i just sent him to one of my feeder clubs Osstende which is in Belguim,he is half way through his second year and im trying to extend his contract bcause it up in june but i cannot give him one because he is not granted a work permit,is there anyway round this????

nothing you can do about it unfortunately. trekman is right though, when youre signing these players, bear in mind they need three year contracts as a minimum so they can be sent out on loan to gain other nationalities.

It's all rather silly really. If you are allowed to sign an inelligable player to farm out, you should be able to extend their contract as long as you have someone to farm them out too as well.

I really can't see why there isn't a "sign / resign anyway" option for players not given a permit for ANY club. They can still loan him to a foreign side hoping the rep will increase in the meantime, or cash in a few years down the line.

I really can't see why there isn't a "sign / resign anyway" option for players not given a permit for ANY club. They can still loan him to a foreign side hoping the rep will increase in the meantime, or cash in a few years down the line.

Indeed, if he can sign a contract without a permit in the first place, there is absolutely no reason he cannot sign an extension without one. Hopefully this is adjusted in '09

Archived