Media interaction to point out thuggish tactics by the opposition.

Why don't we have something like that? My team's in the CL final. We already have the league wrapped up, but there's 15 days until the final and I need my players sharp so I play pretty much the strongest team at home against West Brom who are 18th in the league. We win 4-1 while the opposition goes all out to injure as many of my players as they can, putting my key midfielder out for three weeks and my sub striker out for two.

What I'd like is a media interaction where i can blame the ref for allowing them to kick the hell out of my players, to accuse the opposition manager for using these unnecessarily thuggish tactics and perhaps to point out that the player going round braking peoples legs shouldn't be allowed to play football. Instead the only option I get is to admit that losing my star man to 'unfortunate' injury is a blow. Annoying.

More to the point, why aren't you simply sending out your 2nd team if you already have the league wrapped up?

IMO you were asking for it, sorry.

Because if I don't play them for three weeks, which was the period between the second semi final leg and the final, then they're not likely to be sharp enough for the final are they.

Even if I were 'asking for it' there's no justification for the opposition to go out and try to kick everything that moves. If they do, I'd just like to be able to point that out through the media interaction.

I definatley agree with this. In the FA cup as Tottenham, I played a 2nd team in the League Cup 3rd round vs barnsley and narrowly won on penalties. Eager to avoid this in the next round vs Portsmouth, I put out a field of stars, hoping to wipe the floor with them. Lo and behold 6-1 scoreline but messi, kaka, and berbatov all crocked to hell :@ I would have loved to punch the portsmouth manager in the face.

Because if I don't play them for three weeks, which was the period between the second semi final leg and the final, then they're not likely to be sharp enough for the final are they.

Even if I were 'asking for it' there's no justification for the opposition to go out and try to kick everything that moves. If they do, I'd just like to be able to point that out through the media interaction.

Arrange a friendly with the reserves?

Even if I were 'asking for it' there's no justification for the opposition to go out and try to kick everything that moves.

You've obviously never seen Roy Keane or Vinny Jones play. They used to kick the crap out of opposition players for a living and got paid very handsomely for it!

You've obviously never seen Roy Keane or Vinny Jones play. They used to kick the crap out of opposition players for a living and got paid very handsomely for it!

And all I'm asking for is the possibility to complain about it! I'm not trying to deny that there have been thuggish players in real life...

Roy Keane had much more to his game than being a thug btw. He, unlike Vinny, actually was a brilliant player as well.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. Playing in the UEFA cup with Boro, I basically got my team kicked around the pitch on three or four occasions. Id like to also do a Wenger like quote, saying that it happens alot from lots of clubs.

I think that there's definitely room for this.

For one thing, I'd like to be able to criticise a ref for not handing out cautions. For another, I'd like to be able to "build up a rivalry" with a team via pre-match and post-match comments. For example, threatening them with "We'll remember this when they come to Bootham Crescent next year" or whatever.

And all I'm asking for is the possibility to complain about it! I'm not trying to deny that there have been thuggish players in real life...

Roy Keane had much more to his game than being a thug btw. He' date=' unlike Vinny, actually was a brilliant player as well.[/quote']

Neither were thugs really. They were just a bit over enthusiastic when they played. :D;) I do agree though that the ability to compliain about these things needs improved.

I would like to see this... maybe it'll be one of the topics in questions asked in post/pre match conferances. e.g you say theyre thugs (post match) in first game at home then when you go play them away the press might say (pre match) something like Are you looking for the referee to protect your players after your opinions last time?

Maybe?

Archived