Citizenship

I was managing Wellington Pheonix, but the players who were not Australian were earning Australian citizenship, shouldn't they be earning New Zealand Citizenship? or is it because they play in the A League, they earn the citizenship of that country. Also could not sign an Under-18 player who was a New Zealander because players of under 18 are not allowed to play in a foreign team.

Likewise checked Toronto FC: Players earning US Citizenship. I think all the welsh teams in the english leagues earn engish citizenship.

I was just thinking shouldn't citizenship be awarded of where team is and not the league they play in.

sorry am just rambling on I was manager of New Zealand also. So all those players who took on Aussie nationality would have easily made it into my New Zealand team!

Nationality needs addressing in FM09, as no doubt they have addressed it. The Australian league in FM08 is quite simply crap. However, there are some real-life issues you are addressing here too. More and more the question has risen in the A-League whether the Wellington Pheonix are an Australian team in New Zealand or a New Zealand team in Australia. At the moment, they are in limbo - that is, neither. They are not recognised by the AFC, nor the Oceania region as a team that can qualify for the continental competitions. So - I am unsure whether this is the case in FM08 - if Wellington Pheonix win the A-League, they will not qualify for either champions leagues. Now, how does this relate to the Wellington Pheonix player nationality? Well, in FM08, the SI team made both New Zealand players and Australian players eligible to play in the A-League as domestic players - but, evidently, with a glitch. The New Zealand domestic players, under SI's coding are taking unofficial Australian nationality to play in this league, which explains why the New Zealand u18's players are not allowed to sign for Wellington Pheonix - an error in coding. I am unclear on the other parts of your problems, but they seem to be along the same lines. Consequently, these problems in coding need to be addressed by SI, and furthermore, in my belief, Wellington Pheonix's status as a Hyundai A-League club needs to be clarified by the FFA, the OFC, and AFC. Hope this has helped.

it depends on where the team is based in the game. i think wellington are based in australia. i changed them to nz on my game with no repercussions

It's a major bug, it's supposed to earn nationality after were the stadium is based, in Wllington case in New Zealand, but it doesn't work this way.

Archived