Regen production at foreign clubs

I've never noticed anything like that, do you have full knowledge of these countries or using a scouting tool to see? I never really have Asian leagues running except Japan so can't really comment on that, but I usually have many African regens in my games.

as far as in my recent game, arsenaltops is right, Asia team dont often produce regen. However, most of the regen in those areas are started with no clubs.

For example, in 2012 I have searched all Hong Kong clubs (Hong Kong league wasnt loaded), only 3 regen appear, but if I use genue scout to search for all Hong Kong players, it appears to have over 10 regens and they are all free agents.

I think i know what you're talking about because i always keep an eye out for regens from certain countries from leagues i haven't loaded. For example, looking through Romanian clubs this season, only 1/4 have produced regens (two each and a total of about ten players). The big teams like Steaua or Dinamo Bucharest have only produced maybe 6 regens between them in 10 seasons, whilst other smaller teams are producing 2 players nearly every year.

As i only use a meduim database, i've realised the game is trying to maintain a constant level of Romanian players within the database. The reason the big teams aren't producing many of these players is because the smaller ones are feeder clubs to teams in my active league - therefore gaining priority in regen production.

Aside from starting with extra players loaded or a larger database...

Does the number of "real" (not greyed-out) players in your gameworld stay the same over time, even as players age and retire? Does the mix of nationalities change? For example, are African players generated even if there are no African leagues active? Or will you eventually, after 20+ seasons, end up with ENG/FRA/ITA players ONLY if you only load English, French, and Italian leagues as active?

I like to play long career games. I guess I want to make sure my gameworld is sustainable and have plenty of players for me to scout and sign over the long-haul. I worry that without enough active leagues, there's too few regens created in those non-active leagues.

yes ive noticed the same thing. its annoying. african players make like at least 30% of all the top leagues players around the world.

some of the worlds best players are african. the game dont reflect this in regens. and it seems the asian game is getting better or at least more globalized and this is also not reflected in regens.

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Aside from starting with extra players loaded or a larger database...

Does the number of "real" (not greyed-out) players in your gameworld stay the same over time, even as players age and retire? Does the mix of nationalities change? For example, are African players generated even if there are no African leagues active? Or will you eventually, after 20+ seasons, end up with ENG/FRA/ITA players ONLY if you only load English, French, and Italian leagues as active?

I like to play long career games. I guess I want to make sure my gameworld is sustainable and have plenty of players for me to scout and sign over the long-haul. I worry that without enough active leagues, there's too few regens created in those non-active leagues.

Yeah the game does try to keep the same amount of players in the game over time.

Yeah the game does try to keep the same amount of players in the game over time.

Cool. But does it regen them across the world, or only in active leagues with Youth Teams? I mean, those talented Armenian, Canadian, Paraguayan, and Malian players in the initial database will retire, but will teams in those (non-active) countries pick up new regens? (Or will that Samoan sensation retire and be replaced by just another Dutch regen?)

Regarding loading all players from a certain country: If you load all players from, say, Canada, will that only load the players at the start... or... will that make all Canadian players, including regens, available throughout the entire game decade after decade?

(Gosh, questions, questions, I know.)

Cool. But does it regen them across the world, or only in active leagues with Youth Teams? I mean, those talented Armenian, Canadian, Paraguayan, and Malian players in the initial database will retire, but will teams in those (non-active) countries pick up new regens? (Or will that Samoan sensation retire and be replaced by just another Dutch regen?)

The game will produce regens throughout the world, even in inactive countries. The quality and distribution of regens will generally be inline with the starting database. So if your game starts with 20 armenians in the database, this level will generally be maintained through the seasons.

Occassionaly you may see a Samon superstar for example, but once he retires there is unlikely to be another one for a long time. So there is also a certain degree of randomness.

Regarding loading all players from a certain country: If you load all players from, say, Canada, will that only load the players at the start... or... will that make all Canadian players, including regens, available throughout the entire game decade after decade?

As i said above, the game will look to maintain a constant level of players from each nation based on how the game is initially set-up. So retaining Canadian players will result in there being many Canadian players at both the start and in the future in the form of regens.

The game will produce regens throughout the world, even in inactive countries.

That answers my question perfectly. I'm glad to hear that's the answer. Us "career game" players will like that.

As i said above, the game will look to maintain a constant level of players from each nation based on how the game is initially set-up. So retaining Canadian players will result in there being many Canadian players at both the start and in the future in the form of regens.

Very cool. I will keep that in mind when sprinkling in some other countries in my initial gameworld set-up. It's nice to have some extra talent floating around the world year after year, without having to activate and simulate a ton of leagues to do so.

Archived