This game isn't random enough

I was busy looking around for players (transfer window time) and I found a perfect player - if he was stood still all the time.

leandrodepetrislw4.png

My question is: What are the chances that a player gets generated with absolutely pathetic physical attributes (makes BSN level look like the Premiership) but nearly-perfect technical and mental attributes for his position?

His attributes are all random in the database (he starts at Brescia, and is a 79/-8, if I recall correctly).

My question is: What are the chances that a player gets generated with absolutely pathetic physical attributes (makes BSN level look like the Premiership) but nearly-perfect technical and mental attributes for his position?

Yeah I've noticed this, seems to happen quite a lot in FM08.

Yeah I've noticed this, seems to happen quite a lot in FM08.

Well, even for rubbish newgen standards, surely this sets a new low!

Looks perfect the play maker , central midfeild / behind the striker type role.

I don't know, really. He makes Claude Davis look like Usain Bolt, has the turning radius of the Titanic, has the balance of Didier Drogba brushing against an opponent (conveniently in the opponent's penalty area), the jumping ability of a falling ball and the fitness of "Joe Six-Pack"...

Look at the blokes height & weight, about 5' 6" & 9st (ish) & yet he has 15+ strength, the bloke is a little Hercules so no wonder he has no pace of agility, he's just a block of muscle.

Seriously though, I'd have thought first touch, dribbling, creativity & technique stats like his should be accompanied by high balance & agility stats.

I don't know, really. He makes Claude Davis look like Usain Bolt, has the turning radius of the Titanic, has the balance of Didier Drogba brushing against an opponent (conveniently in the opponent's penalty area), the jumping ability of a falling ball and the fitness of "Joe Six-Pack"...

made me lol

wow, i never actually got that far into a game before

the furthest i got was 10years (way back in CM04? - it was the one where chelsea got rich)

SI have addressed the issue of poor physical attributes for regens (so they say).

This is something that has been mentioned consistently on the forums, apparently, and they'd be mad not to fix it.

I also hate the fact that players who are "blank" at the beginning of the game (ability-wise), or regens, always end up with high attributes in areas where they don't need them. Like high crossing and finishing for a CB, yet rubbish tackling and positioning. And then strikers with great tackling and marking, yet awful finishing, composure and the like.

I dont think he is a Newgen....I seem to remember Depetris from 2007.Check if he has italian nationality[not after days achieved but before that]

Although he's not a newgen, he has all attributes 0 in the editor so the game generates attributes for him based on the weightings SI give - which will presumably give him newgen-ish attributes.

what's your skin ?

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=downloads&area=file&fileid=5363

made me lol

wow, i never actually got that far into a game before

the furthest i got was 10years (way back in CM04? - it was the one where chelsea got rich)

??? I'm in my 8th year in the game as you can see. I did get a bit further with Xerez (18 years?) once.

Its a known problem, and ruined the game once the real players retired.

FM07 had regens with bad technical stats

FM08 had regens with bad physical stats

I expect FM09 will have regens with bad mental stats. Regens all as thick as Djib Cisse! Oh noez!

Jumping 1 is so much fun , he can not jump over a folded newspaper , not to mention that whales are much more agile and my grandmother can outpace him .

I just hope that regens start at the age of 14 with CA 1and no position in 09 so we can shape their stats via training and tutoring .

Unfortunately this has been one of those things like corners and throw-ins - one version something is way over-powered or under-powered and the next version it tends to be "fixed" by going too much the other way.

I can't remember the version now, but in one version you could have all manner of players doing Rory Delap-esque long throw ins, now long throws are useless except when the AI for some reason totally fails to mark a man in the box, which is clearly a bug rather than a great tactic from the human player.

Corners have also been up and down like a yo-yo in terms of effectiveness from version to version because they are, I assume, very hard to get balanced.

As for regens, for some reason there has always been certain attributes that are appalling - in FM06 you were lucky to find a regen with Determination greater than ~5, in CM03/04 regens physical stats were generally good, but technical stats were irrelevant because the match engine rewarded pace and jumping so much that Usain Bolt would be able to score hatfulls.

I really hope regens are nicely balanced in FM09 because in every version I have the dream of trying to build a team entirely out of my youth system, but CM03/04 is the only version I've come close to doing that successfully in and that was a lot because of the match engine "bug"

Jumping 1 is so much fun , he can not jump over a folded newspaper , not to mention that whales are much more agile and my grandmother can outpace him .

I just hope that regens start at the age of 14 with CA 1and no position in 09 so we can shape their stats via training and tutoring .

A CA of 1 wouldn't get a player into a BSN/S's Under-18s team...

A CA of 1 wouldn't get a player into a BSN/S's Under-18s team...

It can if the developing process that includes age is expanded a bit

14 years old CA 1

15 years old CA 40

16 years old CA 70

17 years old CA 100

18 years old CA 120

in an ideal situation ( good coaches & no injuries )

I'd be happy with that, except a Rooney/ Messi sort of player every once in a while.

I agree with newgens having completly pointless stats needing to be fixed. I believe the future on the game requires the human player to mould the stats of a young player, not rising uniformly as they do now.

Archived