I know this has been disucussed before but i'm quite annoyed by a couple of things.

i'm playing as Liverpool and I want to build a great youth structure (as all my regens are mediocre at best) so i'm going around signing a heap of 16 and 17 years olds to try them out.

now, when i go to an Australian or Brazilian 16yr old it says that they can not play outside of their country until they are 18, fair enough i think, then i look and i see that they have European dual nationalities!! (England, Portugal, Spain, etc). Surely this should mean they can come sign for my team?

This happens in real life, especially for Austrlians, just look at Harry Kewell, he was 14 when Leeds signed him, how? because he was eligable for dual nationality with England. This really needs to be looked into for 09.

I know this has been disucussed before but i'm quite annoyed by a couple of things.

i'm playing as Liverpool and I want to build a great youth structure (as all my regens are mediocre at best) so i'm going around signing a heap of 16 and 17 years olds to try them out.

now, when i go to an Australian or Brazilian 16yr old it says that they can not play outside of their country until they are 18, fair enough i think, then i look and i see that they have European dual nationalities!! (England, Portugal, Spain, etc). Surely this should mean they can come sign for my team?

This happens in real life, especially for Austrlians, just look at Harry Kewell, he was 14 when Leeds signed him, how? because he was eligable for dual nationality with England. This really needs to be looked into for 09.

it has nothing to do with dual nationalities, its the brazilian FA law that any player undaer the age of 18 cannot be signed by another club outside the brazilain leagues, its abit like if english clubs poach a young player they have to pay extra to lower league clubs

If they quit their club and had their registration terminated, it would be a different matter. But the whole point of the rule is that if a Brazillian or Aussie club nurture a youngster from the age of 14, they don't want someone like Man U coming along and taking them off their hands for nowt. This rule forces a fee and means the club retains the kids' services for a time.

And rightly so, IMO.

In this sort of situation I finds that the best you can do is to flatter the player and hope that they run down their current contract. I've signed a few players like that, but it doesn't happen often

I always get my scouts to look round for players under 16 then offer the clubs plenty of bonuses, Ive got a youth team that wins there league most season and some of them have already started some competeive games for me

Guest roberto922

well if you want a more up to date example, my side Everton have just signed a 14 yr old Aussie who has been described as the Aussie Rooney, it's weird how he's signed but Utd had to wait 2 years for Fabio and Rafael, maybe Brazilian rules are stricter?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roberto922:

well if you want a more up to date example, my side Everton have just signed a 14 yr old Aussie who has been described as the Aussie Rooney, it's weird how he's signed but Utd had to wait 2 years for Fabio and Rafael, maybe Brazilian rules are stricter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does the Aussie have a second nationality perhaps?

i dont understand the brazil thing. it must be against human rights. if some one is not at a club why cant they move to another country and work there (assuming they are allowed by that country to do so)? it really bugs me. there are a few others that do it too. it means you cant get them on some intense training and have them even better by the age of 18.

It's a FIFA Rule:

(Page 17 of the first pdf file on the right of this page)

International transfers are only allowed if the player is over 18, apart from in one of the three exceptions below:

1. Players parents move to the country for none footballing reasons.

2. Player moves between clubs in the EU/EEA provided he's given an education and somewhere to live.

3. Player and club are within 50km of the same border.

- The rule also applys to players who've never had a club and want to join a club in a different country.

Gamewise you can only sign Under 18's from your country or if you are in an EU country sign someone from another EU country.

This rule has been around for several years, but FM only fully introduced it in FM08.

It's a FIFA Rule:

(Page 17 of the first pdf file on the right of this page)

International transfers are only allowed if the player is over 18, apart from in one of the three exceptions below:

1. Players parents move to the country for none footballing reasons.

2. Player moves between clubs in the EU/EEA provided he's given an education and somewhere to live.

3. Player and club are within 50km of the same border.

- The rule also applys to players who've never had a club and want to join a club in a different country.

Gamewise you can only sign Under 18's from your country or if you are in an EU country sign someone from another EU country.

This rule has been around for several years, but FM only fully introduced it in FM08.

thanks for all the info guys, but i am still a bit confused:

if there is 16yr old unsigned Brazilian/Italian who has no past clubs what is to say he doesn't already like in Italy in order to obtain the dual nationality? or in 1 case i saw last season there was a 15 or 16yr Brazilian/Italian who was born in Italy but has Brazilian down as his main nationality, why couldn't i sign him? again, he had no previous clubs?

Archived