Proof that the gods of FM hate me

I'm sad for you, had similar things over the years (obviously AGAINST me, funnily enough NEVER for me). Its really doubly annoying when you've built a nice team from nowhere.

PS: replay the game and you wont lose 6-0 but you will lose, I've done this on occasion when my team get hammered despite dominating simply because the morale hit can screw up a whole season and I'm not willing to accept that because the pseudo random number generator hit 7777 or something out of 10000 my team = toast (especially given the fact I've never had it happen in my favour).

I have luckily been on the right side of a result similar to this! Many many times I have been on the wrong end though! I was Newcastle and had built a decent side, my star of the game was Igor Akinfeev and I was playing Man Utd at Old Trafford, they had about 15/20 shots on target and I honestly do not know how I won 3-1 with only 4 shots on target, if I still had the save I would get some screenshots so obviously I'm gonna have some people that don't believe me but you gotta expect that when you aint got proof!

More on the subject..... unlucky mate, chin up and plough through the rest of the season. 1 day, 1 day long into the future probably it will happen in your favour!

What teamtalks did you give?

Due to the fact there was more chance of a draw than me winning I told them that the pressure was off and they had nothing to loose, it was 0-0 at HT so I said that they can win and as I said we won 3-1, it doesn't always work obviously but as I say it has happened, I did the double over Utd that year aswell iirc

obviously I'm gonna have some people that don't believe me but you gotta expect that when you aint got proof!

I believe you! I had a similar occurence where i was Liverpool playing Chelsea in the 2nd round of the FA cup. I was sure i was going to lose, but somehow i managed to win 8-0 with about 10 shots on target! Unfortunately i didn't save it or get any screenshots.

I believe you! I had a similar occurence where i was Liverpool playing Chelsea in the 2nd round of the FA cup. I was sure i was going to lose, but somehow i managed to win 8-0 with about 10 shots on target! Unfortunately i didn't save it or get any screenshots.

Yours is a little more unbelievable but my friend had a game, he beat Man Utd with Man City 6-0 with about 10 shots on target, such a great feeling when it actually happens for you instead of against aint it lol

People oftern complain about the game cheating, this is a prime example of why people would say that. i can say the game dont cheat, i think perhapps on the day. to have all that possesion, you would have played a slow tempo thinking you was doing great having lots of shots, slow tempo = slow motion and the AI knows how to stop it!!!!

They prob played a fast tempo and when you did lose the ball, they quickly scored from it. damn game hey!! i have sympothy for you..

Well things like this have happened irl, Southampton v Arsenal in 2003, a couple of weeks before the F.A.Cup Final which obviously was the same fixture and from what I remember it was quite an even game yet Arsenal won 7-1! Thankfully we picked our game up for the final and only lost 1-0! lol

I get this very rarely - I spot when it's going to be one of "those" games and tweak my tactics accordingly.

Also had similar situations where I WON the game with daft stats like this. As L1 Leeds I once put both Everton and Blackburn out of the league cup 1-0 with my one shot on target to their 10-20 (got anihillated by Chelsea 7-1 in the next round, though). Never seen it with six though. That's special.

That's the reputation issue at play. However good you are the game will always put the "famously" bigger team above yours, even if they have no decent players at the time you play them.

Not true at all. Otherwise you would never beat the big teams.

I did the CL double over Chelsea with Celtic one year, Beat them 3-0 at Celtic Park and 3-1 at Stamford Bridge, despite them dominating both games and having LOADS of shots at goal. I can't remember the exact stats, but they have 20something in the Stamford Bridge game, while I had about 5/6, but there are reasons for it.

Firstly, my keeper was excellent.

Secondly, my defence were good, and played fairly deep, so they never got in behind me, and had to keep shotting from the edge of the area.

Thirdly, my strikers were tall and quick, so the long ball to target man worked well.

Basically, it was a combination of a good team and good tactics, plus that season Chelsea did finish 7in the EPL, so I wasn't playing them at their best, but I was still proud.

Although they really should have altered their tactics for the second match, but I'm not complaining

That's the reputation issue at play. However good you are the game will always put the "famously" bigger team above yours, even if they have no decent players at the time you play them.

Now that is bull****.

I beat CSKA Sofia 2-1 with Belasitsa (mid-table team) for example ;)

I totally dominated and should have won by a bigger margin though :(

I already have 8.0.2

I think it may have been partly down to my tactical system because I had several similar matches using the same tactic. It allows me to completely dominate every other team in the league, but also causes my strikers to miss open goals and one-on-ones with the keeper while opposition strikers are firing shots into the top corner from 30 yards out.

I used this tactic for seven matches, and only scored once from 87 shots. In the same seven matches I conceded 15 goals from 45 shots.

I'm convinced there is some sort of short-cut in the way matches are generated to prevent super-tactics. If your tactic is unrealistically effective, the game tries to maintain "realism" by making your strikers hopeless.

It normally happens when player take a shot, the keeper fails to stop it and it crosses the goal line. I believe this is called a goal.

Now, if you times that by 6 this is how you get this result.

Although I wouldn't normally advocate sarcasm, this post made me laugh.

There was something of the Basel Fawlty's about it. :D

As for the OP - I've had matches like that but lost maybe 2-0 or 3-0 at worst, but that match of yours is the worst case of bad luck I think I've seen on FM09. :(

Chin up, mustn't grumble... :thup:

I don't have a screeny, as it was years ago, but once I had a game on an old FM where I had about 20 shots and the opponents (Everton, doubly annoying as I was Liverpool) had 1. The result? 2-0 Everton. Their shot went in and someone - I think it was Henchoz(?) - scored a beauty of an OG.

I was on the verge of throwing my computer out the window. :mad::mad:

Archived