Realistic and practical additions to FM

Having read a thread earlier i got to thinking about realistic and practical addition

1 - Undisclosed fees

2 - Paying agents to flog your players if you can not find a buyer or they can get you a better deal

3 - Paying players agents to broker deals for players who might not otherwise sign for you

I would have thought something along the lines of number 3 happened with Robinho going to Man City, I'm sure he wouldn't have made a concious decision when he heard about it to go and needed some kind of talking around for the deal to go ahead! I may be wrong though and he was more than happy to sign but personally I don't think so

Agents can command a fee for "admin" or services such as #2, so I don't think it's technically illegal. The agent is acting on behalf of the club and is employed by the club to try and persuade a player to sign for the club, in the same way a lawyer may broker a land deal. That said, I don't think it's practical to expect it in the game as you'd then need to start programming international law into it which would, frankly, get very tedious and be better suited to the oft-mentioned "Football Chairman" game that some players seem to want. As for the other suggestions:

#1 wouldn't be particularly interesting for gameplay, although you used to be able to make "private" bids for players in previous versions. May be realistic but wouldn't add much to the game.

#2 definitley a good idea. Been mentioned in various guises before but I think this is the most sensible and concise suggestion for use of agents so far. Full involvement of agents (such as #3) will be way too tiresome for most FMers, but key involvement such as helping flog players would definitely be welcome IMO.

I would have thought something along the lines of number 3 happened with Robinho going to Man City, I'm sure he wouldn't have made a concious decision when he heard about it to go and needed some kind of talking around for the deal to go ahead! I may be wrong though and he was more than happy to sign but personally I don't think so

Apparently Robinho was unaware of the quality of the team he was moving to (probably just assumed it was good) and then cried when he found out he was joining Man City. Thats what i heard anyway, i think it was on the fm podcast when the were talking about real football (but it may have been a joke).

Archived